All reviews temple campus north philly warm cookies in the afternoon college students wonderful bed easy access to public transportation fresh baked cookies affordable hotel broad street continental breakfast tv channels close to downtown sitting room block walk definitely stay here again beautiful room beds were comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Safe and pleasant location right next to campus police. Felt very comfortable even though it was my first time visiting Philly. The staff were extremely nice. And except for one instance when I went to swipe my room card and it didn't register (which the staff swiftly took care of) the visit went off without a hitch :)

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GM_of_TheConwellInn, General Manager at Conwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are very privileged to have such an amazing and accommodating staff - "extremely nice" takes the words right out of my mouth! I'm sorry to hear you had an issue swiping into your room but happy we could take care of it right away. Even the best of stays can get foiled by the simplest technology sometimes! Thanks again and we can't wait for the next time!

Cheers!

Reviewed October 15, 2018

we stayed here on a 3-day trip to Philadelphia. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was well equipped and clean. It is on pedestrian walkway in the Temple University campus, (but surprisingly quiet) We felt safe walking round the neighbourhood. It is a short walk to the subway and easy to get around to the sites. No restaurant but there are nearby bars and restaurants.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad you could find a home away from home with us while you were in Philadelphia. I'm happy to hear that you found the staff both helpful and friendly, and thrilled to know you found your room comfy and clean. It's amazing how quaint and quiet we can remain on a campus with so many university students, but we manage to do it! I hope you had a great time in our city and look forward to seeing you again someday!

All the best!

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

This feels like a typical two star chain motel, but it has fallen on hard times and has not kept up with maintenance. My tub was rusty and had someone else's hair in it. The ceiling was patched in several places with different color paint. The vanity with the sink was wooden with rotten wood at the bottom. The bathroom smelled of mold and the towels smelled of mildew.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Greetings:

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar stay at our hotel. Much of what you described is unacceptable and not the norm here at The Conwell Inn in any way, shape, or form. I truly wish you had brought these concerns to our attention immediately, so that we could have worked to address them. This does not sound like you experienced a typical stay while with us, and I wish we could have done something to remedy that situation face-to-face. My deepest apologies that your time with us was anything less than perfect. I hope you give us another try someday.

Thanks again.

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a short trip. Didn’t spend too much time in the room. Tucked within Temple campus, really just a place to put your head down. No fridge, but room comes with coffee maker. Carpets outdated, you can almost taste the mold in the stairs. No fridge or even water, but there is complimentary cookies and apples in the foyer. Had a leak in the corner, of the room informed attendant but seemed to not be addressed. The cost and value were totally off.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I wish you could have spent more time at the hotel, and maybe would have left with a greater sense of the charm we offer! I'm sorry to hear of some issues you experienced that we could have taken care of immediately for you. We do indeed have refrigerators available for all of our rooms, and actually offer complimentary bottles of water to all of our guests! I'm glad you were at least able to enjoy the coffee in your room, as well as the complimentary cookies we bake fresh daily, and the apples and fresh coffee and tea we have on hand in our lobby 24/7. Also, you are correct in our hallway and stairwell carpeting needing an upgrade - both were replaced in December of 2018! Thanks again, and I hope to see you again on future travels through Philadelphia!

Regards!

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

What a gem I found when a family member was in Temple hospital. So beautiful, so quiet, easy to find and great customer service. Beautiful room decor and wonderful bed, perfect shower I was very sad to leave.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello!

First off, I'm sorry to hear you found us due to a family member in the hospital - I hope things have gotten a bit better since! Secondly, thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate all of the wonderful things you said about The Conwell Inn (and believe it or not, you're one of the few who would refer to us as completely "easy to find")! Thanks again for the kind words and we hope to see you again (maybe under better circumstances) in the future!

Cheers!