“Very nice hotel in a great location for visiting Drexel or U Penn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Inn at Penn

Hilton Inn at Penn
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albany, New York
“Very nice hotel in a great location for visiting Drexel or U Penn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a great hotel. Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfortable. There are shops and restaurants a few steps from the hotel. It is usually a bit pricey for us but we got a great deal this time and were able to stay. We had drinks at the hotel restaurant - also a bit pricey but the wine was nice and we enjoyed chatting with the bartender. If you want to stay in University City, I highly recommend this hotel.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Found this hotel very comfortable. Great staff, very well located, and plenty of interesting places nearby. Accomodated a business conference very comfortably. Rooms were excellent, clean, new, and had great beds. Hotel-provided food was ordinary, but not objectionable. Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Leave time to walk around the area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is the best place to stay when visiting UPenn. The rooms are updated, clean and comfortable. We haven't eaten on property but there are plenty of choices to eat in University City. The living room on the lobby floor is a great place to relax and receive free wifi. We checked in early and they also allowed us a later check out with no hesitation. I highly recommend.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night at this hotel while doing a college visit to UPenn. Obviously, for our purposes the location couldn't be better (you are on Penn's campus with the college bookstore right downstairs), but what was particularly nice about the hotel was the friendly service we received from the hotel staff. Despite our brief stay we were made to feel very welcome. The amenities are excellent - with in-room iPads, free wifi, and lovely bathrooms. The public spaces are comfortable and gracious, so there is plenty of room to relax outside of your room. The Museum of Contemporary Art is directly across the street. I would definitely stay here again. Even if my destination was not UPenn there is easy public transit right into the heart of Philadelphia.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Philadelphia is a charming old town and I love the Inn at Penn. Being a Hilton hotel it has all the perks of a five star hotel: good furnishings, good service, good breakfast etc, but being just an 'inn' so to speak, it is cosy and comfortable. I like the reading area when you can lounge about near the lobby of the hotel. The rooms are also spacious, well-kept, and comfortable. Staff are ever-ready to help, and breakfast is excellent. While the location is not really near city centre, it is located near the Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania. They have a nice campus to jog through in the mornings. Love the inroom ipad too, but didn't get to use it much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here twice for two marathons. Excellent rooms, room service, and customer service. They even let us have late checkout without an extra fee. The valets and front desk staff go beyond expectations to satisfy guests. We will be back in the fall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bari D
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've stayed at quite a few hotels and this by far is my favorite. Everything about this place was wonderful and I look forward to going back. Was in town for my boyfriends birthday to explore someplace new (we've never been to Philadelphia). I chose this hotel based on the pictures and the wonderful reviews and was not disappointed in any way. The rooms are tastefully and comfortably furnished and have pretty much everything you could need, if theres anything else you could just call the front desk. The hallways are long and even those are spacious and there is a good amount of space in between each room, so much so that I never heard any noise from any surrounding rooms during the 3 nights I was there; I began to wonder if it was just us in the hotel. I did not get to sample breakfast or the fitness center, but I promise we will when we go back. I just have to also mention the great level of customer service there is in this hotel. We were greeted warmly by pretty much everyone we came in contact with starting with Jovan who checked us in, she was very pleasant. Then there was Kenyatta; she was awesome. She helped me make my boyfriends birthday special and she was also very personable and enagaging while we stayed. We would stop at the desk just to talk to her while we were there. Then there were two gentlemen who worked downstairs near valet parking, but stood inside the sliding doors. Unfortunately I did not get their names but one was bald (I feel bad saying it like that) and the other one wore a fuzzy black hat? All in all EVERYONE there was personable, and so very easy to talk to. Their helpfulness was so very appreciated and my boyfriend and I truly look forward to going back. THANKS SO MUCH.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on a higher floor for a good view of the city area. The sun also shines so nicely in th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple