“Great hotel with excellent service”

The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night at this hotel while doing a college visit to UPenn. Obviously, for our purposes the location couldn't be better (you are on Penn's campus with the college bookstore right downstairs), but what was particularly nice about the hotel was the friendly service we received from the hotel staff. Despite our brief stay we were made to feel very welcome. The amenities are excellent - with in-room iPads, free wifi, and lovely bathrooms. The public spaces are comfortable and gracious, so there is plenty of room to relax outside of your room. The Museum of Contemporary Art is directly across the street. I would definitely stay here again. Even if my destination was not UPenn there is easy public transit right into the heart of Philadelphia.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Philadelphia is a charming old town and I love the Inn at Penn. Being a Hilton hotel it has all the perks of a five star hotel: good furnishings, good service, good breakfast etc, but being just an 'inn' so to speak, it is cosy and comfortable. I like the reading area when you can lounge about near the lobby of the hotel. The rooms are also spacious, well-kept, and comfortable. Staff are ever-ready to help, and breakfast is excellent. While the location is not really near city centre, it is located near the Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania. They have a nice campus to jog through in the mornings. Love the inroom ipad too, but didn't get to use it much.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here twice for two marathons. Excellent rooms, room service, and customer service. They even let us have late checkout without an extra fee. The valets and front desk staff go beyond expectations to satisfy guests. We will be back in the fall.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bari D
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've stayed at quite a few hotels and this by far is my favorite. Everything about this place was wonderful and I look forward to going back. Was in town for my boyfriends birthday to explore someplace new (we've never been to Philadelphia). I chose this hotel based on the pictures and the wonderful reviews and was not disappointed in any way. The rooms are tastefully and comfortably furnished and have pretty much everything you could need, if theres anything else you could just call the front desk. The hallways are long and even those are spacious and there is a good amount of space in between each room, so much so that I never heard any noise from any surrounding rooms during the 3 nights I was there; I began to wonder if it was just us in the hotel. I did not get to sample breakfast or the fitness center, but I promise we will when we go back. I just have to also mention the great level of customer service there is in this hotel. We were greeted warmly by pretty much everyone we came in contact with starting with Jovan who checked us in, she was very pleasant. Then there was Kenyatta; she was awesome. She helped me make my boyfriends birthday special and she was also very personable and enagaging while we stayed. We would stop at the desk just to talk to her while we were there. Then there were two gentlemen who worked downstairs near valet parking, but stood inside the sliding doors. Unfortunately I did not get their names but one was bald (I feel bad saying it like that) and the other one wore a fuzzy black hat? All in all EVERYONE there was personable, and so very easy to talk to. Their helpfulness was so very appreciated and my boyfriend and I truly look forward to going back. THANKS SO MUCH.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on a higher floor for a good view of the city area. The sun also shines so nicely in th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TerriBerri316
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Wonderful staff, lovely room, great bathroom, towels and layout, Loved the ipad. Comfy bed and linens. Much to do in the area. One of the best designed hotels I have seen. Can't wait for a return visit!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

An excellent hotel convenient to the Universities as well as center city Philadelphia. The rooms are tastefully furnished and contain all the amenities, including I-Pad with internet access as well as hook-ups for your electronics, large screen TV's, small refrigerator, and large comfortable beds. The staff is friendly and helpful, from the time you drop your car with the valet until you leave. A nice club ambience prevails. Typical Hilton breakfast buffet, with special order items on request. All in all an excellent choice.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a delightful place. The staff are responsive, friendly and take the concept of hospitality very seriously. This hotel is quiet, clean and well tended. The area has nice restaurants and the hotel has an area called, "The Library," where you can get a drink and a modest but well prepared dinner.

The Hilton Inn is a distance from the Convention Center, so you need a way of getting downtown. However, there are always cabs available and it is well worth staying here if you like a college environment (in the most positive sense).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo