“I LOVED my stay here” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville, Florida
“I LOVED my stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've stayed at quite a few hotels and this by far is my favorite. Everything about this place was wonderful and I look forward to going back. Was in town for my boyfriends birthday to explore someplace new (we've never been to Philadelphia). I chose this hotel based on the pictures and the wonderful reviews and was not disappointed in any way. The rooms are tastefully and comfortably furnished and have pretty much everything you could need, if theres anything else you could just call the front desk. The hallways are long and even those are spacious and there is a good amount of space in between each room, so much so that I never heard any noise from any surrounding rooms during the 3 nights I was there; I began to wonder if it was just us in the hotel. I did not get to sample breakfast or the fitness center, but I promise we will when we go back. I just have to also mention the great level of customer service there is in this hotel. We were greeted warmly by pretty much everyone we came in contact with starting with Jovan who checked us in, she was very pleasant. Then there was Kenyatta; she was awesome. She helped me make my boyfriends birthday special and she was also very personable and enagaging while we stayed. We would stop at the desk just to talk to her while we were there. Then there were two gentlemen who worked downstairs near valet parking, but stood inside the sliding doors. Unfortunately I did not get their names but one was bald (I feel bad saying it like that) and the other one wore a fuzzy black hat? All in all EVERYONE there was personable, and so very easy to talk to. Their helpfulness was so very appreciated and my boyfriend and I truly look forward to going back. THANKS SO MUCH.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on a higher floor for a good view of the city area. The sun also shines so nicely in th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TerriBerri316

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Hebrew first
Cortlandt Manor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Wonderful staff, lovely room, great bathroom, towels and layout, Loved the ipad. Comfy bed and linens. Much to do in the area. One of the best designed hotels I have seen. Can't wait for a return visit!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Scranton, PA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

An excellent hotel convenient to the Universities as well as center city Philadelphia. The rooms are tastefully furnished and contain all the amenities, including I-Pad with internet access as well as hook-ups for your electronics, large screen TV's, small refrigerator, and large comfortable beds. The staff is friendly and helpful, from the time you drop your car with the valet until you leave. A nice club ambience prevails. Typical Hilton breakfast buffet, with special order items on request. All in all an excellent choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a delightful place. The staff are responsive, friendly and take the concept of hospitality very seriously. This hotel is quiet, clean and well tended. The area has nice restaurants and the hotel has an area called, "The Library," where you can get a drink and a modest but well prepared dinner.

The Hilton Inn is a distance from the Convention Center, so you need a way of getting downtown. However, there are always cabs available and it is well worth staying here if you like a college environment (in the most positive sense).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan P
Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed at The Inn at Penn for four nights during Thanksgiving. Very nice hotel. Rooms are very clean and the service was great! My husband complained about the bed, but I slept great! The library was a great room with two cozy fireplaces. A nice, quiet area to read books with my 6 yr. old daughter. Two cons.... (1) No pool! This was a bummer because both of my children are swimmers. So, I always had to find something else for them to do when we needed to be at the hotel. (2). Valet parking is off-street for $40.00 per night. Being charged that kind of money to park my car next to a curb didn't make me feel too good. However, I would stay there again when in Philly. I felt the hotel had the best room rates for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank latonia_spencer
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My travel history is extensive. We arrived for the Army-Navy Game at 0130 hrs 8 Dec 2012. The valet service was exceptional at that late hour; very attentive to our every need. The gentleman at the front desk was quick with our check-in and handled several other questions in specific detail. He left no room for error. Thorough in making sure he understood the precise nature of our request(s). The buffet in the University Club (although pricey) was excellent. Again, the service was quick and attentive. Keep in mind, the hotel and the University Club were packed with fans for the Army-Navy game. The staff did not miss a step. The rooms were very clean. The rooms offered many packaged electrical outlets. The A/C system actually lets select the temperature you desire. Regardless of whether you want the room cold or hot without consideration of the temperature or season. Many hotels regulate this feature and can make for a few uncomfortable nights during a business trip. The concierge was equally impressive. On game day, she was swamped with people many numerous requests. We were approximately number 9 in line. When it was our turn, she smiled and treated us as if we were her first guest on a slow day. She was extremely helpful and her informational details were spot on. The hotel location is in the midst of Penn and Drexel Universities and very close to the sports complex and historic area. The Hilton organization should make this location model for other mangers to visit, take notes and duplicate. In future trips to the Army-Navy Game, this location will be our priority. GO NAVY!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Susquehanna, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Very nice street presence. Valet greeted me while I was still in car. Very helpful with bags. Check-in was a breeze. Room was very nice. Modern. iPads in every room. No written brochures. Everything you need is done by ipad. Made dinner reservations, got street maps, ordered room service - all through the ipad. Staff followed up with a call to very order and then again to see if everything was to my satisfaction. Liked the Evo system too. When you enter the room you put your room key in a slot on the wall. Your lights come on as you left the, temperature sets to your last setting, etc. Leave the room, pull out key, 10 seconds later everything shuts down. Smart & neat. I had an excellent meal at Penne restaurant. It was packed yet they still managed to find me a table without reservations. Wine was excellent. The only caveat was the lack of in room breakfast. You had to go downstairs to a buffet (which i didn't do). Not a deal killer for me as i'm not a big breakfast eater. Needless to say I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Philadelphia.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business