“Exceptional Service and Great Waffles!! We'll be back!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center

Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Annapolis, Maryland
“Exceptional Service and Great Waffles!! We'll be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

We just got home from Philadelphia and I had to review this hotel. We arrived with our one year old daughter, 3 hours early and since they had rooms available they let us check in. (no extra cost) We requested a fridge to store her milk, while we were out buying it they put it in with an attached microwave- BONUS!
While my husband was at his business meeting, I walked my daughter to the lobby to get coffee (they have a beverage bar in the lobby with coffee, hot cocoa and tea as well as a tv and seating.) and realized I had forgotten my room card. With a smile the front desk issued a replacement no questions asked. The breakfast staff are warm and helpful, I seriously destroyed my first waffle trying to remove it from the iron so a woman offered to make a new one for me and she brought it to our table. We asked the front desk various questions and directions as well as delivery menus for which they offered us two AWESOME options. My husbands meeting ran over the day of check out so when I inquired if I could hangout in the room a bit longer, they agreed to let me stay until the cleaning team needed to come in at 1 which was a HUGE help since check out was 11 and I couldn't pick up the hubs until 2.

Overall everything was wonderful, the pool was warm and clean, our bed was fresh and comfortable, and breakfast was delightful. The neighborhood wasn't awful, parking is just past the hotel entrance but it is on the spendy side. With that said an attendant monitors the lot. Construction on the street corner, but I really didn't notice with such a nice atmosphere inside. Thank you Hampton Inn you far exceeded our expectations and our little family will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lematera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

Just got back from a lovely stay at the Hampton inn. STAFF- were very friendly and helpful. Reception had plenty of take away menus available that we could have delivered to our room.BEDROOM - very comfy bed and very quite (we were on the 8th floor at the rear of the hotel),not a great view, but still a view. POOL - Small,clean,plenty of clean towels,the pool temperature could have done to have been a bit warmer although this was a blessing when the temp outside was in the 90's. nice jacuzzi in the pool area. LOCATION - yes there is a homeless shelter 100yds down the street,the guys there never blocked the street and they kept the area clean NO PROBLEM ! The hotel is 10-15 mins walk to the old quarter,10 mins to Macy's and other main shops.5 mins to reading terminal market. BREAKFAST - if you have stayed at other Hampton Inns then you know what to expect,2 hot dishes,waffle iron,pastries,cereals,yogurt fresh fruit,tea, coffee,juices. OVERALL - a great stay,would definitely use this hotel again for a stay in Philly.

1 Thank YorkCastiger
Avon, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

My husband, eight year old and I spent five nights here. We came for business and leisure.

The hotel is located in easy distance of the convention center for business purposes. More importantly to us was the walking distance to many of the sights we wanted to visit. You can walk easily to Reading Market and it's many restaurants and shops. It is an easy walk to the Liberty Bell and all that is around there. You can also easily walk to Chinatown. In the other direction it is an easy walk to the Franklin Institute and other museums. We did not have a car and walked or took public transportation anywhere we wanted to go.

I know other people commented they didn't feel safe but we had no issues. Yes there is a men's shelter one block over but we walked by many times and the men outside never asked for anything and were very polite.

The hotel itself was a nice typical Hampton. Breakfast is included and does include some hot entrees in addition to the usual waffles, cereal, bread and fruit. The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and helpful. There is a decent size indoor pool and spa that my son enjoyed having. There is a guest washer and dryer which came in handy for a longer stay. There are also three computers available and a printer so you can print your boarding passes etc.

There is also a decent size fitness room and my favorite is that it includes internet in your room at no additional charge.

In short for the price we paid compared to some of the more expensive choices in the area we were well pleased.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank chimera22
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed here for one night when I had to go to Philly because of its amazingly low weekend rate. The hotel was completely sold out and we got the last parking space in self parking (which ironically isn't really self-parking when the lot is full since they take your key and park for you). The front desk lady told me it was completely booked as was evident by the lines when I got there to check in. Once the check in madness was over I got to my room which was nicely sized and comfortable. I spent most of my time out and only slept at the hotel but it did seem to have nice amenities. I also skipped the free breakfast to meet people but it looked nice and was super crowded. The location isn't the best part of town and if you are planning on walking to things at night may not be the best choice, but if you just need a place to sleep I found it to be a better deal and better night's sleep than the Doubletree which is where I stayed on my previous trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

The hotel is well situated, close to all attractions. The hotel is very clean, there is a small swimming pool in the basement and also a laundry. The room is quite large, the beds are very comfortable, the bathroom is also quite large and there are many towels. There is a closet ‘hidden’ behind the large mirror in the room. Unfortunately there is no fridge in the room, the isolation is not the best I’ve ever had in a hotel. The housekeeping is too slow: we left our room around 9 AM each morning and when we came back around 5PM it still was not cleaned. One day we asked them to do it because we wanted to change ourselves and take a shower and it seemed to us that they were not really happy with our request. The breakfast is the worst one I ever had: no croissants or tasty bread, there are 2 hot dishes but I would not recommend them. The bread they offer is toast slices but not of a good quality. The orange juice is probably coming from a powder pack … only the fruits are OK. They serve waffles at breakfast if you want. The breakfast is probably OK for Americans for Europeans will not find it good. There is free coffee all day long in the lobby and you can also use a microwave at anytime. The internet connection works perfectly, the code changes regularly so you have to call the reception to get the new one. We did not use the valet parking as we read other reviews here of people complaining. In the elevator, there is a note saying that it takes at least 45 minutes for them to get your car and it’s quite expensive. We heard many persons complaining at the front desk about the waiting time.

Tucker, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

My mother, son and I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights. It was a nice location--within walking distance of Chinatown, the Historic District, Convention Center, etc. The rooms were nice and clean, albeit a bit small, but this hotel had to be squeezed into the space available. Breakfast was good and the internet access worked well. However, one thing which was not good at all, was the pool. I took my son down there one night for a relaxing swim. The pool was so cloudy that you could not see beyond the first step. You could not see the bottom of the pool. The spa was in just as bad of condition, with an oily film sitting on the surface. Since neither the bottom of the pool or spa could be seen, neither were safe to swim in. I complained to the front desk staff immediately, but as of our departure date, conditions had not improved. I was disappointed in this as my son and I would have enjoyed a swim in their pool. That being said, I would recommend this hotel, as long as you don't want to use their pool or spa facilities.

1 Thank jlmk_9
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

Small noisy hotel rooms with thin walls. The view was terrible. The eggs were horrible, bacon was thin and greasy. Waffles were okay and apples and bananas were available throughout the day. Staff was non-existent other than free popcorn. Parking was expensive at $24 per day and the small lot was located 1 block away.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple