Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn Center City(Philadelphia)
2,054 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streethomeless peoplefree breakfastbreakfast staffreading terminal marketself parkingthe breakfast areawithin walking distancehot breakfastking suiteliberty bellfront desk stafffew blocksflower showconvenient locationyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2007

Pros - The customer service at this hotel was good and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby and breakfast areas were clean. The hallways were also kept in good order and clean. The breakfast was great every morning - a mix of some hot (eggs, sausage) food with fruit yogurt, cereal, juice, bagels, etc. This saved a meal every day and is worth something. The room had free high speed internet which was very nice (must have a port - it is not wireless in the rooms). i did not use the fitness center or pool, but looked in and they appeared to be nice and in good order. However, the pool looked a little small.

Cons - The hotel is across the street from the Convention Center, but the doors to the Convention Center were open a block away which was a pain when with the Nor'easter. Food is a few blocks away. Although so close to the Convention Center, the hotel seemed to be on the edge of the "activity" in the area. However, it is within walking distance to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. The rooms are a bit small and the television in the room was dated (not flat screen with some ghosting). The air conditioner was somewhat loud. Although the fan had a few speeds, it seemed to run only on one speed. The bathroom needed some touch ups on the ceiling and with the caulking on the base of the tub.

The cost with tax was just under $200. It seemed somewhat expensive, but all hotels in the area are just as much or more.

I am giving it a 4, but only for the friendly staff and great breakfast. The hotel needs to address the bathroom, give it a new TV, and take care of the AC.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank bchbms
Reviewed April 19, 2007

I would recommend this hotel because of the great service we received from the staff. Service makes the difference as far as I am concerned.

I booked this hotel without reading any reviews. When I began reading some of the reviews others had written, I was concerned about the location and the cleanliness.

There was some dust but overall it was clean. We had a real nice time in the pool. The breakfast was ok. internet Access was easy to achieve.

I was very pleased with the hotel and would definetly stay again. We stayed with our three pre-teen and teenagers.

1  Thank KennyNStephanie
Reviewed April 18, 2007

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights for a conference. It is definitely not up to the standard of most other Hampton Inns. First of all, lots of problems at check-in. Even though I am a Hilton Honors Gold VIP member, they did not have my requested room for me - they tried to get me to take either a room with 2 double beds (not going to happen when travelling with my wife), or a smoking room. They sent me up to a king disability suite, but when I entered it, the room had not been cleaned from the prior guest (and this was at 11:00 at night)! After 2 strikes, they finally "found" a decent king room.

Everything else about this hotel (food, room condition, service) was a notch or 2 below all other Hampton Inns, and I stay at alot of them. For example, we used one of their meeting rooms for a meeting and had lunch brought in, by their catering dept, and it was near-inedible. The exercise facility was in serious need of repair (two machines out of 5 didn't work, the weights were not in good shape, etc).

Next time I go back to Philly I'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank BHerman
Reviewed April 15, 2007

This hotel has the friendliest & most cheerful staff I have ever encountered. It really makes the hotel stay pleasant. The hotel is very clean, has a great breakfast with lots of choices, nice pool, clean rooms with comfortable beds & soft towels. It is in a really convenient location, within walking distance of good restaurants & attractions. Be sure to visit the Reading Terminal Market nearby.

Reviewed April 13, 2007

I spent two nights at the Hampton Conv. Center. I arrived at 2PM and room was not ready until 4PM but that is check-in so I can't complain. I checked my bags, it was quick and easy I went sight seeing for a couple hours until my room was ready. Room was clean and everything was in it's place ( TV remote, ice bucket, cups, etc.). The front desk called shortly after check-in to make sure all was well with my room. Breakfast was standard Hampton fare. The wait staff was excellant at clearing off tables and bringing hot coffee. I should mention that I used valet parking for the two days. I dropped my car off Wen. and had it brought to me Fri. Once again it was quick and easy, no attitudes. I walked to all the famous sites and museums. I felt safe walking even at night. We went to the HRCafe and Independance Brew Pub at dark. The shelter mentioned in a previous review is on Race St. Simply use 13th to get to Reading Market, Conv Center, HRC, Historic sites. If I ever visit Philly again I will stay here.