2,224 results
All reviews convention center homeless people across the street free breakfast breakfast staff reading terminal market self parking the breakfast area within walking distance hot breakfast liberty bell few blocks front desk staff flower show convenient location yogurt independence hall
Reviewed July 15, 2009

There is extensive construction across the street which is not disclosed on the hotel's website. The noise from the construction site woke up my children at 4 a.m. in the morning and it was so noisy that they were not going to nap later in the day. We were able to switch to rooms on the other side of the hotel; however, the type of room we originally reserved was not available. So, we ended up in smaller rooms.

The parking is a joke. The hotel has no parking; the hotel contracts with a private company to provide valet service or you can park in a pay lot down the street. The pay lot was constantly full during our stay so the only option was valet. I have never seen a more incompetent valet service. It took on average 30 to 45 minutes to get your car. We were constantly running late because we never knew how long it was going to take to get the car (the hotel says to allow approximately 15 minutes).

The only positive was the front desk staff during the day. They were very nice in spite of the circumstances.

I would only recommend this hotel to someone who was going to meetings at the convention center, wasn't going to spend a lot (or any time) at the hotel and was traveling via taxi.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank VMCS
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The complimentary breakfasts were not great, with rubber-like eggs, but it was in a very nice location, with a nice view of the city from our room window on the ninth floor.

Date of stay: August 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

This hotel is a bit on the older side and rooms are small, but clean. It was within walking distance of most of the tourist attractions. Self parking was relatively close. No complaints for an overnight stay, we just needed someplace to sleep. Breakfast was a bit hectic Sunday morning.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for 2 nights for a wedding I was attending. My boyfriend is a Hilton Gold member and we used points to book the stay.

The wedding was about 8 blocks away down Race street, so the location was great. Also, I explored the city during the day and was able to walk to several tourist attractions and shopping and eating places. Great location!

My main complaint about the hotel was that a fire alarm went off on Saturday morning, and continued to go on and off for about 15 minutes. This was followed by an announcment from the front desk staff that the alarm was pulled and no evacuation was needed, but not before I had already called the front desk to ask what was going on.

Also, the walls are thinner than most Hampton Inns, and the doors make loud noises when the shut. I heard people coming in and out and talking through the hallway most of the evening.

I used the gym and indoor pool, and enjoyed both! Small selection of fitness equipment, but all new and in good shape. Nice size pool and hot tub. Great perks!

I was shocked that breakfast was not included, as that is usually a standard commodity at the Hampton Inn. Also shocked at the expensive parking option ($23 per night, no in and out priviledge).

All in all, an average to above average option for downtown Philly.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
jgrassi, Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2009

The Hampton Inn Philadelphia offers a hot breakfast buffet every morning to its guests. This is a brand standard at all Hampton Inn's. Our parking rates are 10 to 15 dollars less than our competitors. At Hampton we strive to provide the best possible experience at the best possible cost for our guests.

Reviewed June 16, 2009

Easy to access to all Philadelphia attractions by walk, simple and clean, didn't need more

Date of stay: May 2009