2,166 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetfree breakfasthomeless peoplebreakfast staffreading terminal marketself parkingthe breakfast areawithin walking distancehot breakfastliberty bellfew blocksking suitefront desk staffflower showyogurtindependence hall
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We were on holiday and booked in 16 May, out 18 May 2009. We found the hotel clean and appreciated the breakfast thrown in as part of the tariff - we thjought the breakfast selection was very good. Also a good location for us as we had arrived by train and we could walk to the hotel and also a subway was very close by to get around. The Reception (front desk) staff were lovely and friendly. We had tried to use the free internet around 11pm that nite. Out of the 3 terminals available only 1 would work. We spoke to Reception who tried to rectify the problem but couldn't- they kindly allowed us to use the terminal at the concierge desk. This was around 11.30pm. Witihn a few minutes a rather angry man told me I was not allowed to use this terminal as it was 'his'- he had no identifcation and did not attempt to identify himself- I explained that the front desk had OK'd it because the terminals in the business centre were not working. He ignored this and said he would tell the front desk this was not allowed and i had to log out straight away because he 'was losing money'- he was extremely rude- we had no idea who he was. I told him I was a guest and not to speak to me in that way but this made no difference to his attitude. My sister was present through all this and complained to the front desk but the lady did not state what could be done. This rude individual when finished on the terminal I had to vacate said I could then use the terminal again but I didn't as I did not want to be anywhere near him. He made no attempt to apologise for his appalling behaviour. The next morning we spoke to Reception and explained what had happened. We were advised this man was their security guard, should have had identification and needed to log on to show he was at work. The guard had given Reception his side of the story which by the reaction it differed from ours. The guard was obviously late to work hence the reference to 'losing money'. Reception said to us we were guests and the guard was in the wrong for speaking to us the way he did and apologised to us for the bad experience. I hope this security guard is not allowed anywhere near guests in the future

• Stayed: May 2009
5  Thank salsaMelbourne
Reviewed May 12, 2009

We couldn't even get to the hotel at first because the street it was on was blocked by police officers because of cranes being used for the convention center near the hotel. We had to keep circling around the block, then ended backing up a one-way street to get to the parking lot! It's too bad that all that construction was going on because it wouldn't have been an awful location otherwise; but apparently, the construction will be for a couple of years. The woman at the front desk was very helpful, but the concierge had no idea where the Italian Market was, and it's not as if it's some obscure place -- it's a well-known attraction in Philadelphia. We ended up going back to our room and using the Wi-Fi to find directions to the Italian Market online. The hotel self-parking ($20) was in an outdoor lot down the street, maintained by Patriot Parking. The hotel is located near Chinatown but not all that close to the historical sites. We did walk to Independence Hall from there. There was a small indoor pool/spa that was nice. The breakfast buffet was not great -- the hot choice was scrambled eggs. It was nice to have access to coffee/tea/hot chocolate all the time, though. Nice touch there.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank SmallTownWorld
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I traveled to Philadelphia for 3 days with my wife in mid April, 2009. We selected the Hampton Inn for its cost and favorable reviews on this and other websites.

First and foremost we had extremely positive interactions with all hotel employees. The room had no crazy frills but functioned as it should and was clean. As some have said, the beds were quite comfortable. Fairly decent pool and weight room. Vending in basement.

Very nice breakfast which seemed to be replenished frequently. The "hot" items are nothing to write home about. The only complaint is that as stated here, there is limited room and you kind of have to hover for a seat.

The only other negatives... Pool room VERY "boomy" and loud when children are running around, screaming, and being children :) Also, for some reason I never received a morning paper, even though others in our hall did. I simply grabbed one down by the main desk.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Crunchy409
Reviewed April 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I just returned from Philadelphia yesterday and are disgusted. Sunday morning, I woke up with bites on my back, arms, and right below my left eyebrow. I thought that it was a spider but started to think differently when my boyfriend woke up the next morning with bites on his body. My mother and boyfriends both told us that there was a story on the news about how there is an infestation problem right now with bedbugs on the East Coast.

The staff was friendly but a little incompetent or lazy (not sure which one). If it wasn't for the bed bugs, I wouldn't have minded staying here at all.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank aarunyon8
jgrassi, manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2009

The Hampton Inn Philadelphia has never had a bedbug issue and was never notified by this guest that there was an alleged incident. Our rooms as well as the public area are treated weekly by a reputable pest control company as a preventive maintenance measure for all insects/rodents. As you can see by previous reviewers, our hotel prides itself on clean rooms, professional service and comfortable surroundings. The Hampton Inn was never told of this incident and never was able to inspect the alleged room or witness bites on the guest.

Reviewed April 12, 2009

This is a great value. Convenient location to market street and the blue line subway. Very nice lobby and rooms. Good breakfast. Parking is $20 per day though. There are several other hotels nearby, so there are enough people walking around in the neighborhood to keep it reasonably safe, but walking alone after 11 pm or so would make me a little nervous.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family