“Very comfortable hotel in Center City”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Very comfortable hotel in Center City”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a Rangers-Philly game and found the hotel to be exactly as advertised -- very comfortable, in a great location and with very friendly service. We found the breakfast to be of good value both from a quality and quantity perspective. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear AER212,

Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback regarding a recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. We hope that you enjoyed the playoff hockey game while visiting.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with our entire team. Your feedback will inspire the entire team to continue to exceed our guest’s expectations.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Dan Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Selected this property based on location, price and reviews and we were completely satisfied!! Staff was very friendly and helpful, they even have a concierge-type person to help locate local attractions and arranged for a ride for us to the bus tour location.
Room was modern, clean, efficient. Hotel was quiet even though it was full. Breakfast was awesome -- much more than the average continental offerings, and plenty of places to sit.
Parking was a half block away. My husband was initially concerned but reassured by the 24hr attendant. Cost is an additional $25 but that is the same at all other hotels I looked into in the area.

Dear Laura L,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding a recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Your satisfaction is our top priority.

I am very pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your review/comments with our entire hotel team. The team was excited to know that you had such a positive experience at the Hampton Inn.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We arrived on a dreary Tuesday night, rainy and windy. The people at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming. Staff overall was very good. In general, this hotel has it all, a welcoming lobby(although slightly dated), bar/restaurant right next door. Honor convenience store. Tea and Coffee available 24/7 in the lobby and in room as well. free Wifi. Clean and bathroom was very fresh looking. I was there with my 17 year old daughter for a college visit.
My only compliant was that we had asked for a restaurant where we could get a burger or steak and they gave us a list of "local" areas which mostly included your standard high fare -- Capital Grille, DelFriscos, etc. or "the deli next door." What they said was 4 blocks was more like 9 and it was a very dark and foreboding walk, which made my daughter decide she didn't want to go to college in Philadelphia. (The general area is okay during the day, but at night, can be a little suspicious) We wound up at DelFriscos' an interesting architectural spot, but had to eat at the bar because we didn't want to spend the $57 pp entrée price. The food at the bar was a double greasy burger that we could have gotten at Burger King. Really the only choice on the bar menu that suited our tastes.

After reading reviews and meeting up with other people the next day, everyone wondered why no one recommended the Reading Market. It was close, and much cheaper, I will never know, as I asked several people in the hotel lobby (desk clerk, door man, etc.) for a place to eat.

Other than the dinner episode, and a fire alarm which caused us to leave the hotel in our pajamas at 7 a.m. (with a wait ouside in the rain) the stay wasn't bad. I was amazed how quickly the "breakfast" area -- which had just about everything you could ask for -- was up and running almost immediately after the fire drill.

Room Tip: sk for high floor for a view or a low floor if you don't like stairs. Ask for a view of the cit...
Green Features: I thought the practices were adequate and standard for a hotel.
Dear JDK1050,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Your feedback is very important to us.

As General Manager, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us however I am disappointed to hear about your dining experience. Philadelphia has some of the best dining around and our hotel is within a few blocks of some of the most unique and varied dining options in the city. Our team will work hard to ensure that all of our valuable guests are given the best dining options they can choose from.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to seeing you in the near future and we wish you and your daughter luck on the college search.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We are a well traveled family who is loyal to the Hilton Hotel chain. This hotel served its purpose in that it was close to the convention center but I felt this hotel was "in over it's head" for a volleyball tournament weekend. Next year we will try a different hotel.
Pros: location, on site breakfast and bar, outdoor seating
Cons: no refrigerators avail when 3 phone requests were made prior to stay (not acceptable in my opinion since we stay at hilton weekly), coin laundry broken (very bad when hosting a hotel full of active teenage athletes), room looked tired, worn / low quality sheets (different from other Hampton Inns), female employee at front desk seemed indifferent when a concern was raised. Male front desk (I believe his name was Chris) was very helpful and apologetic in discussions about refrigerator and laundry. He offered the use of the hotel refrigerator for our team's drinks.

• Stayed April 2014
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Lambertbunch,

First, please allow me to thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City recently and sharing your feedback with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. It will be my pleasure to personally share your positive guest experience with Chris and the entire team.

As the new General Manager, I am very concerned to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. In learning from guest feedback such as yours, we are in the process of increasing the number of refrigerators that we have available to our guests to be able to accommodate requests from larger groups such as yours. I am very disappointed in your overall experience at the hotel and I can assure you that the hotel is doing everything we can to address the other issues you mention in this review. I would like to personally apologize for what you experienced. I assure you that what you encountered is far below our Hampton Inn standards, unacceptable and I am truly sorry for what you experienced.

Again, thank you for the feedback and for choosing to stay at our hotel while in Philadelphia recently.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband stays at Hampton properties 12-15 nights a month so we always stay at Hamptons when traveling. This property was clean, excellent location and the staff was extremely helpful.
I read the reviews about breakfast and how unhappy many people were. I have to say, we had a wonderful experience, The Penn Relays were in town while we were there so they were extremely busy, however, the food was full, it was clean and there was places to sit. The guest were making room, our experience here was just like at a New York City location. Yes they are busy but if you go into with the mind set that everyone wants to eat breakfast and the staff is doing all they can I am confident you will start your day off as pleasantly as we did.
We will stay here again when in town.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Brandy H,

First, we would like to thank you and your husband for your loyalty to Hampton Inns. Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure to host you and your feedback is very important to us.

It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with our entire hotel team and in particular our breakfast team. The breakfast team does a tremendous job with the food and service even during very busy meal periods. I thank you and your husband for recognizing the hard work the breakfast team does and for the service overall. Your feedback has inspired the entire team to continue striving to exceed all of our guest’s expectations.

Fairfield, CT
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel is clean and very nice. Pool was super tiny but the breakfast was good and coffee/tea was available all day. Cookies too! Staff friendly, rooms clean. Double room was smaller than I am used to.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear MomLM,

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Your feedback is very important to us.

We are pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. On behalf of our team, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Poconos, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had previously extolled the wonderful experiences I had at a previous stay with this hotel, but is this hotel just a good horse in a short race?

No complaints about the staff, they've always been excellent. No complaints about the breakfast, why would anyone eat here when the Reading Terminal Market is just a block away.

My complaint is that as I was 10 minutes from my arrival, the front desk called me to say they had sold my room and booked me across the city. Now, I had confirmed my arrival with the front desk the previous day and I had stayed there the previous weekend; my co-worker who was sharing the room had attempted to check in early but could not was told to leave his bags with the bellman and park his car in the lot.

My complaint is with management and their failure to keep their commitment. I would have written this review sooner but Tripadvisor does not allow multiple reviews within 30 days or so.

So given all of the positives I've experienced from staying at this hotel previously for years, how can I trust that my commitment and reservation with them will be met with their commitment to me?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jholahan
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear jholahan,

First, please allow me to thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your experience with the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. I will be happy to share your kind words about the service you received to our entire team.

As the new General Manager, I am very concerned to hear about what you encountered regarding your room reservation back in January. I assure you that the hotel takes all guest feedback and we learn from our shortcomings to ensure that this issues do not repeat themselves in the future as well as we celebrate our service successes. I assure you that what you encountered is far below our Hampton Inn standards and I want to personally apologize for what you experienced.

It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible. When in the Philadelphia area in the future, please consider giving us another chance. We would love the opportunity to show you the service and amenities that we are all very proud of here at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Again, thank you for your business and the feedback regarding your stay.