“Great place to stay in Philadelphia Pa”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for almost 3 years now for business travel. I will not stay anywhere else in the city as this is a great hotel at a great price. The hotel staff makes you feel at home and that is very important to me for I am on the road almost every week.

I want to point out the fantastic staff that works her at the hotel: GM Roger Weber, Jerome, Jason, CJ, Richard, Elaine, Danielle, Sydney, Joyce and Ed (the master bartender at night). I hope I did not forget anyone. They all do a great job and I am proud to say that they have all become my friends.

I can stay anywhere in the city as my company pays for my hotel expenses, Hampton Inn 1301 Race Street is where I call my home away from home.

Roger and staff- Keep up the great job that you do every day!!! See you next week!!

Bill Bradford

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,988)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had 13 rooms, 25 ladies attending the Philly Flower Show, 2 nights. This hotel was PERFECT. Front desk staff was always helpful, friendly, accommodating. Property was CLEAN! Perfect location, GREAT staff (thank you, Jason!), comfortable beds, clean linens, very efficient housekeepers. All the women in our group raved about the hotel & location; we walked everywhere including much of the historic district. We were able to stow our luggage with Raz (concierge) who kept everything in a locked room until our late departure. Raz ROCKS ! He even drove 2 of us to the Amtrak station on departure day (we bought too much stuff at the flower show to fit in a cab, LOL). Everyone enjoyed our weekend so much, we're returning in 2015 and will DEFINITELY stay at this Hampton Inn. Thank you !

Room Tip: All our rooms were quiet; good insulation between them.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for writing this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn while attending the Phillly Flower Show. This feedback is very important to us and your comments about the staff especially Raz will certainly be reviewed with all the associates. I'm so pleased the location, staff, and cleanliness all exceeded your expectations. I'm also happy you made it to the train in time for your trip back home!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. The staff members were friendly, helpful, and efficient. The complimentary breakfast was more than I expected and it was very good. We had free internet access. The location is very close to the Convention Center and Center City and easily accessible to public transportation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for writing this review concerning your stay while in Philly. This feedback is very important to us. I'm very pleased you enjoyed the breakfast. Hampton just upgraded the selections and they have been very positive. Also your comments about the cleanliness will be shared with the housekeeping staff.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were here for an event at the Convention Center 3/15-16. From the moment I called to make a reservation until the time I left, the staff was nothing but courteous and always accommodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff member Richard at the free breakfast made sure we had everything that we needed each morning and he couldn't be more pleasant. Outstanding service from the staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for writing this review concerning your stay while in Philly. Your great comments will certainly be passed along to the staff especially Richard in the breakfast room who really does a great job taking care of the guest needs. This feedback is very important to all the associates.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Excellent Service and gracious attentiveness from check-in to check-out! The customer service I received from Shaun Mosley at the front desk was impeccable from start to finish. He has an amazing personality with a professional deliver. His ability to multi-task were remarkable. Sydney Allen greeted my husband an I with a smile. She was warm, friendly and fast. During breakfast the next morning I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Richard and Ms. Patricia Brown. Richard went above and beyond to meet my needs and answer some questions that I had. What a selfless employee. I was captivated by Patricia. She sang while she worked which I particularly enjoyed. This showed me a high level of moral which was obvious at this point. Only happy employees sing. I was delighted. Letter that evening I met Lutwine Washington and the next day James Price. They were particularly helpful in helping my husband and I find things in the hotel and in the city, great personalities! All of this greatness encountered during a seriously busy weekend for the Philadelphia Flower Show yet my husband and I were treated like we were the only 2 people there, WOW! All aspiring hospitality and service employees should be trained by the staff at the Hampton Inn. This location must hire those with that je ne sais quoi quality! Not only will I be returning, this location come highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philly while attending the Flower Show. I'm so pleased we have become your favorite new hotel to stay in while in Philly. All of your comments are welcomed and they will be shared by all the associates of the hotel.
Thanks for being our guest and will see you on your next visit to Philly.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was an easy hotel to find. Though it is downtown Philly it was easy to unload and park. You unload in front and the self parking is a half a block up the road. It was only $25 per day. The valet parking was $35 but it was further away. You have to leave the keys with the attendant since they cram the cars in the lot, so don't leave anything in the car of any value. We were early but were able to check in without any problem. The room was great though we had no microwave or frig. We were there for 3 days so we had a cooler for any leftovers and the lobby had a microwave. We had a sporting event in the convention center, which the back is right across the street. There is a tunnel that we went through to get to the front entrance. This came in handy because it was off and on sprinkling. The breakfast was great. The usual breakfast items such as waffles, eggs, cereal. This was nice because we didnt have to hunt for breakfast in town. There were cookies and hot drinks available at all times in the lobby. The kids didnt swim but we did check out the pool. It was rather small, but it is in town so at least they offered one. Because we had the parking til 3pm we asked to leave our luggage with the front desk after checking out. There is a special area they keep the luggage at no extra cost. The attendant got us a cab which we took to the visitors center. After we looked around for awhile we walked back to the hotel, got our car and the staff helped us load our car. Would definitely stay there next time in Philly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. This feedback is very important to the associates and will certainly be reviewed by all. I'm particularly pleased with your comment about breakfast and the service you received. The associates work hard to achieve this level and and they will be happy to see this.
Thanks for being OUR guest and hope to see you again when in Philly.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've stayed in many Hampton Inns but this is the first time that I was motivated to write a review. This is not your everyday Hampton Inn. This is a very nice hotel that has a boutique feel to it. The front desk staff was very welcoming when I checked in and throughout my stay. My room was very comfortable and clean. During my stay, the overnight temps dropped to the low teens but my room was very comfortable. Even though the food at the lounge is very ordinary, the bar/lounge is a nice amenity. One downside is the lack of close by dining options. I was working near City Hall and it was an easy 10 minute walk. After a long day of work, it would be nice if there was a close by place to eat. During my stay, there were no events at the Convention Center and my room rate was very reasonable. All in all, the Hampton Inn is a great value. I will stay there again when I return to Philadelphia.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review since it was your first time to do so. Feedback is very important to us as we use it as a training tool. Your comments about the room and staff are much appreciated and its nice to know we aren't your everyday Hampton.