“Excellent stay as always; staff puts it over the top.”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is our favorite hotel. I travel a lot, so that's saying something! We've been staying here for about a week at a time four times a year for the past seven years. We've stayed at other hotels in Center City and were satisfied, but none can compare to the Hampton. I think it's the staff that sets them apart; they are friendly and helpful ... it almost feels like home here. The beds are very comfortable (better than at home). The location is great. The pool and fitness room are good, and the lobby bar was a great addition. I recommend this Hampton Inn to anyone traveling to Philadelphia.

• Stayed: December 2013
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

First of all thank you for being a repeat guest. Your feedback is very valuable because of all the times you have stayed with us. I'm glad we have made you feel like you are "home" and I will certainly pass this along to all the staff. The addition of the bar has been a great addition and i'm glad you enjoyed the environment.
Thank you so much for truly being OUR guest.
Roger Weber

Write a ReviewReviews (1,988)

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Loved this place. Conveniently located and the amenities were great. Really loved the hot coffee and tea available in the lobby. It was very cold out when we visited Philly and one night we returned to an urn of hot apple cider and cookies in the lobby. Absolutely brilliant. The bar is great and the barman was friendly and helpful with his recommendations. Loved the breakfast. Really helped to get us started for a long day of sightseeing. Good sized rooms and very clean. Couldn't have asked for any more. On top of it all, it was reasonably priced. Definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philly. We appreciate the feedback and certainly will pass along your comments to the staff.
The hot cider is definitely a hit.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Very nice hotel; nice, clean, comfortable room. Complimentary breakfast was decent, many tasty options available. We were able to find street parking very close to hotel in order to avoid parking fees. Hotel employees more than friendly and efficient. We were in town to spend the holiday with our son and our new grandson. Unfortunately there were too many of us to stay in his small apartment. This hotel is conveniently located and within easy reach of many historic sites as well as our son's Northern Liberties apartment. We will be back in Philly for Christmas and have already made reservations at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for writing this review and returning in a couple weeks to visit the family. Feedback is very important and I'm glad you enjoyed the staff and services of the hotel. Their will be less people at the hotel on you next visit.
Thanks for being our guest and if you need anything on your next visit please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Situated right in the city centre, it was very easy to get around to see the sites. I love how Hampton Inns always have hot water/coffee/tea in the lobby for guests. The breakfast is great - I always love a hot breakfast. Staff is very friendly. What I was most impressed about is the carpet in the room. I forgot slippers and walked around in my socks. I could see the carpets were not disgusting and dirty as my socks were still white (dirty hotel carpets is one of my fears whenever I travel).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of the Hampton Inn Philly. We appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and cleanliness of the room. Hampton is upgrading their breakfast starting in January so the next time you visit a Hampton you should see better items.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I came down to the lobby after calling at 4:30 am to get my vehicle at 5:00 am. The valet parking attendant was fast asleep with the lights turned off in his office. On the day of departure, I called a full 30 minutes before departure to be certain the car would be ready. It took another 20 minutes AFTER the appointed time to get my vehicle. The area is also quite sketchy with a lot of homeless folks milling about outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for writing this review concerning your stay in Philly. This feedback is very important to us and I apologize for the lack of service you received in regards to parking. Parking is handled by a 3rd party and I will certainly bring your comments up to the owner.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Excellent hotel! Very clean with updated furniture. Children enjoyed the pool as we enjoyed the hot tub. Hot breakfast! The staff was extremely friendly and polite. They provided us with maps and showed us routes to places we wanted to visit. The highlight of our trip was actually recommended by your staff. Great Experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for writing this great review concerning your stay at the Hampton Philly. We appreciate feedback and the associates enjoy reading all of them. I'm very pleased the staff directed you to all the points of interest and the breakfast buffet met all your needs.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for Thanksgiving and that weekend! The hotel is very convenient to many attractions. Our room was clean and the employees were very nice. Every morning they have a full breakfast and it was yummy!!! We really enjoyed the breakfast. Get there early for seating indoors. It was too cold to sit outdoors, but I'm sure in the warm weather the patio is a very nice option. Parking is $25 a day/night with in/out privileges...but they double/triple pack cars. I guess they do that in metropolis cities. With that being said, go and get your call at least 30 minutes prior to your departure as it will take sometime to get your car from the parking lot. We had a great stay and we would come back!

Stayed: November 2013
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for visiting us during the Thanksgiving weekend and writing this review. We appreciate this great feedback and will certainly review with the staff. I'm pleased you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and Hampton is upgrading the choices starting January.