Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
$125
$367
Orbitz.com
2,053 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streethomeless peoplefree breakfastbreakfast staffreading terminal marketself parkingthe breakfast areawithin walking distancehot breakfastking suiteliberty bellfront desk stafffew blocksflower showconvenient locationyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights over the Half Marathon Weekend. It was my very first half marathon and this hotel met our needs very well. The crib was already in my room for my 2 year old. We had asked for a microwave and fridge - it was not in the room - we called the front desk and they had it delivered in less than 5 minutes.

The buffet breakfast is very good. Extremely nice spread and wide variety of choices. The breakfast manager was superb - he came in every day to our table and offered my 2 year old crayons and paper to color with. Simple things do the trick :)

The Location is very good. I do agree with some reviewers that at night there are a few homeless folks hanging out in a few block radius. But we walked around many times at night and never once felt threatened. Also if you walk towards Chinatown or towards Market Street - it is completely safe. Tons of restaurant choices near by - Everything is walkable - Independence Hall, Duck Tours, Logan Circle, Art Museum, Marathon start/finish, Chinatown. Just pack good walking shoes and enjoy

Service is FANTASTIC - everybody was always smiling. Just a great vibe from the staff - they had bottles of water and cookies for the runners after the race. They had bagels, bananas and water out for the runners at 5 AM in the morning. The day of the checkout - they held our luggage till 2:30 PM - also they put my son's milk in their fridge while we went around town. Service and staff is 5 stars.

What they can do better - 2 tiny things in my opinion - they gave us a bottle of water and pretzels when we checked in - i believe because I am a Hilton Honors member - The Pretzel was horrible - they need to replace that snack. The other thing they can do better is a little more evolved menu at their bar/pub - it seems like a great place to grab a drink and maybe a lite dinner - but the choices are very limited - so we went out - especially since we are vegetarians.

Room Tip: You don't need a car if you are going to be in the downtown area - almost all the attractions are walkable - Some attractions are not walkable but area is very cab friendly - also serviced by bus and trolleys. Parking is expensive all over the city.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. These comments will be reviewed with all the associates, especially the breakfast staff. The staff works hard to achieve this level of service and I'm very pleased you experienced their work. We are presently working on new menus for the bar area, and a new welcome gift.
Thanks for being our guest and hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for the Philly RnR Half which is just under a mile walk to the start/finish. We stayed two nights but they were offering a 1pm late checkout for all runners! They also opened the free breakfast bar at 5:00am to accommodate all the runners! The convention center is just right across the street and plenty of good places to eat within walking distance. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Our room was right across from the elevator and we did not hear it all night. The staff was very friendly and helpful in suggesting places to eat. The bar was a nice place to relax after dinner. Not a big selection on the menu (just appetizers) so don't expect to eat dinner there. The bartender was skilled in making us the perfect drinks too. The pool and hot tub were so welcoming to soak our sore muscles. Only Valet parking was available when we checked in so we had to pay the $35 a night which was fine with us. I am definitely booking here again next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time towrite this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. This excellent feedback will be shared with the staff. I'm really pleased the hotel, service, and location worked so well for you. The hot tub does work for the muscles!!!
Hope to see you next year.
Thanks for being our guest.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here again when going to an Eagles game and the staff was friendly, especially the bar tender Ed. Valet parking was quick, the room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located to the reading market, great for shopping and lunch. Thank you for another great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kristin O

First of all thank you for returning to stay at the Hampton Inn Philly. This feedback is very important to us and will certanly pass this along to all associates especially Ed.
Thanks for being OUR guest.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Only in Philadelphia for one night so we chose Hampton Inn due to its close proximity to the Half-Marathon activities, the Convention Center, and very cool Reading Terminal Market. The hotel offers valet parking for $35 but you can self-park just down the street on the right for $25 per day (hotel guest rate). We had a king room. Nicely furnished. No complaints. Usual hotel amenities you would expect in a Hampton Inn (safe, iron, ironing board). No fridge though. Coffee-maker is located in the bathroom, probably because the desk is on the smaller side. We couldn't find the closet, eventually found it behind the large mirror! Our room was next to the elevator but I can't say we really heard it. All staff were friendly. Breakfast was very good, buffet style, much more of a selection than we thought we would get. We were given a late check-out without asking, we were in town for the half-marathon so were grateful for the extra few hours, it made our stay a lot easier and will encourage us to book with Hampton Inn next time we're in the area. Thanks to Derrick on reception for check-in/out and answering our questions about the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Magnus-Maximus
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia and writing this review. This review will help us get better. All reviews are given to the associates and i"ll make sure Derrick gets his acknowledgement for his good work at the desk.
Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you next year.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for a few nights while attending a conference at the convention center. I have very nice things to say about the hotel - all the staff were very friendly, my room was nice and clean and everything worked properly, breakfast was nice and the breakfast staff was especially friendly... it is also near the convention center which is great.
The reason I only gave it 3 stars is because as a single female in her 20's I would NOT feel safe leaving this hotel after dark AT ALL. My fiance luckily came with me for this trip but the both of us together did not feel comfortable walking after dark. People that posted about the homeless people not bothering them must have lucked out - many of the homeless people we passed on our way to and from Rittenhouse Square did indeed bother us and one even followed us after being angered that we did not have any cash to give him. I felt so unsafe, and we decided it was because around that area at night there are a lot of nooks and crannies so to say where it's very dark and something could happen and no one would see it. I was also very frustrated because one night we tried to take a cab back to the hotel. We were pretty close but we were tired of walking back in the dark and feeling unsafe, so we decided on a cab. The cab driver gave us a HUGE hassel because I guess he didn't want the short fare (his loss, I would have given him a big tip). I flat out told him that I knew the hotel was only a few blocks away but I did not feel comfortable walking, and he didn't want to drive us.
Overall a nice hotel but we mostly stayed in or took cabs everywhere when we could. In the daytime it's fine but I did not like that area at night. I am usually pretty adventurous and homeless people don't bother me but this time around I just felt so uncomfortable the entire time. I would take this into consideration if you will be on your own and want to go out at night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lindsay B

Thank you for taking the time to mwrite this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. We appreciate this feedback and understand your comments about the location. I'm pleased the staff and accommodations were very good for you. All comments are shared by the staff.
Thanks for being our guest.