“RnR Philly Runner Friendly!”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
virginia beach,va
“RnR Philly Runner Friendly!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for the Philly RnR Half which is just under a mile walk to the start/finish. We stayed two nights but they were offering a 1pm late checkout for all runners! They also opened the free breakfast bar at 5:00am to accommodate all the runners! The convention center is just right across the street and plenty of good places to eat within walking distance. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Our room was right across from the elevator and we did not hear it all night. The staff was very friendly and helpful in suggesting places to eat. The bar was a nice place to relax after dinner. Not a big selection on the menu (just appetizers) so don't expect to eat dinner there. The bartender was skilled in making us the perfect drinks too. The pool and hot tub were so welcoming to soak our sore muscles. Only Valet parking was available when we checked in so we had to pay the $35 a night which was fine with us. I am definitely booking here again next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time towrite this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. This excellent feedback will be shared with the staff. I'm really pleased the hotel, service, and location worked so well for you. The hot tub does work for the muscles!!!
Hope to see you next year.
Roger Weber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here again when going to an Eagles game and the staff was friendly, especially the bar tender Ed. Valet parking was quick, the room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located to the reading market, great for shopping and lunch. Thank you for another great stay!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Kristin O
First of all thank you for returning to stay at the Hampton Inn Philly. This feedback is very important to us and will certanly pass this along to all associates especially Ed.
Thanks for being OUR guest.
New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Only in Philadelphia for one night so we chose Hampton Inn due to its close proximity to the Half-Marathon activities, the Convention Center, and very cool Reading Terminal Market. The hotel offers valet parking for $35 but you can self-park just down the street on the right for $25 per day (hotel guest rate). We had a king room. Nicely furnished. No complaints. Usual hotel amenities you would expect in a Hampton Inn (safe, iron, ironing board). No fridge though. Coffee-maker is located in the bathroom, probably because the desk is on the smaller side. We couldn't find the closet, eventually found it behind the large mirror! Our room was next to the elevator but I can't say we really heard it. All staff were friendly. Breakfast was very good, buffet style, much more of a selection than we thought we would get. We were given a late check-out without asking, we were in town for the half-marathon so were grateful for the extra few hours, it made our stay a lot easier and will encourage us to book with Hampton Inn next time we're in the area. Thanks to Derrick on reception for check-in/out and answering our questions about the area.

1 Thank Magnus-Maximus
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia and writing this review. This review will help us get better. All reviews are given to the associates and i"ll make sure Derrick gets his acknowledgement for his good work at the desk.
Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you next year.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for a few nights while attending a conference at the convention center. I have very nice things to say about the hotel - all the staff were very friendly, my room was nice and clean and everything worked properly, breakfast was nice and the breakfast staff was especially friendly... it is also near the convention center which is great.
The reason I only gave it 3 stars is because as a single female in her 20's I would NOT feel safe leaving this hotel after dark AT ALL. My fiance luckily came with me for this trip but the both of us together did not feel comfortable walking after dark. People that posted about the homeless people not bothering them must have lucked out - many of the homeless people we passed on our way to and from Rittenhouse Square did indeed bother us and one even followed us after being angered that we did not have any cash to give him. I felt so unsafe, and we decided it was because around that area at night there are a lot of nooks and crannies so to say where it's very dark and something could happen and no one would see it. I was also very frustrated because one night we tried to take a cab back to the hotel. We were pretty close but we were tired of walking back in the dark and feeling unsafe, so we decided on a cab. The cab driver gave us a HUGE hassel because I guess he didn't want the short fare (his loss, I would have given him a big tip). I flat out told him that I knew the hotel was only a few blocks away but I did not feel comfortable walking, and he didn't want to drive us.
Overall a nice hotel but we mostly stayed in or took cabs everywhere when we could. In the daytime it's fine but I did not like that area at night. I am usually pretty adventurous and homeless people don't bother me but this time around I just felt so uncomfortable the entire time. I would take this into consideration if you will be on your own and want to go out at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lindsay B
Thank you for taking the time to mwrite this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. We appreciate this feedback and understand your comments about the location. I'm pleased the staff and accommodations were very good for you. All comments are shared by the staff.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Summary: Great service, delicious breakfast, good location. A great hotel.

The hotel is conveniently located near the Convention Centre, so if you need to use their subway it is only a couple blocks away. The local attractions are close by and this hotel seems very central. To the east is the Liberty Bell, Reading Terminal, etc... and to the west is the Mutter Museum, the old Penitentiary, etc. The surrounding neighbourhood seems to have its share of homeless people, however there was not a time that we felt unsafe. I can understand if some feel unsafe late at night, however this is easily avoided by staying south of the Convention Centre until you walk to 13th Street, then head straight north to the hotel.

The hotel seems very clean and modern. There is a seating area available in the lobby and the hotel has nightly specials (food and drink) for guests. There is water available and a light snack (cookies, etc) at reception. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

The facilities, such as the pool, hot tub, etc.. were clean and maintained well. The elevator service was fast and they were large enough to handle quite a few guests at a time. Wifi was quick and we had no problems with it.

Breakfast was great. The food was good and tasted fresh, and the service from the wait staff was excellent. A wide variety was available and it changed slightly from day to day. Eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fresh fruit and so forth were available. They were always filling the food and cleaning off the tables.

Overall I would definitely stay here again. It is very reasonably priced, has great customer service and the free breakfast buffet was really good. I cannot think of an improvement the hotel could make.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philly. This feedback is very important to us and will be reviewed by the all the associates. The information about the hotel staff is the most important to us because we reaaly take pride in delivering this service.
Thanks for being our guets.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I came to Philadelphia to train American Red Cross employees on new software and stayed at the Hampton. We (the Team) had long days. Several, being their first trip to Philly, wanted to go various places after work to see the sights and try the various foods. I opted to stay at the hotel and eat and relax. I was at the bar (a new addition I was told) and was treated great. My friends came back and told of their disappointment in their travels, I raved about this place. I ate and had a couple beers and felt welcome and appreciated. Whether I sat at the bar itself or on the outside patio, the bar tender (Eddie, I believe) was right there. Friendly, smiling; he could not do enough to make me comfortable. Whether I was just in the mood for a quick beer or if I wanted somethiong to eat I was necer treated as an intrusion of his time. He would carry on a conversation with several people, including me, at the same time and treat everyone like they were "regulars at his establishment". He was nothing short of wonderful and a perfect host. He knew when to be polite (which was at all times) but he also knew how to talk to people on a freindly level. He just made everyone feel comfortable and at home.
I must say all the people at the hotel were most polite and professional, but Eddie went the extra mile to make people feel welcome as far as I'm concerned. I would not hesitate to stay there again. Keep finding people like this and you'll do great in the big city of Philly!
Thanks for your time and consideration,
Frank C. Feichter

Frank C. Feichter
573 Nuangola Rd.
Mountaintop, Pa. 18707
Frank.Feichter@redcross.org

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your comments concerning the bar and staff will be passed along especially your dealing with Ed. Feedback is extremely important to us and it makes us better.
Lyon
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel is located at 10 min from ''city all'' edifice (with shop, restaurant, subway...)

It propose useful services like :
-bottle of water,
-tea/coffee/chocolate
-cookies
-or breakfast bag (take away)
...
all the day so it's pleasant!!!

To be careful: they gave us a room on the 2nd flour, just near the air conditioning engine... but after asked them, they change or room without problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review while staying at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. This information is very valuable to us because we use it in our training. We appreciate you pointing out all the amenities of the hotel.