“Great place to sleep with a hot breakfast!”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Great place to sleep with a hot breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here while out of town for work. Both times I have stayed here, my room has been spotless. Staff does everything they can to take care of you and make your stay an enjoyable one. Breakfast in the morning is really good also. Lots of different things to choose from. If you're in the area and need a place to stay then Hampton Inn is the place you need to book.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience while staying at the Hampton Inn Philly. I'm glad you returned and stayed for a second time and that is appreciated. Your comments will certainly be passed along to the staff.

Thanks for staying and hope to see you again.
Roger Weber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed two nights. The staff was very nice, the room exactly what we were looking for except for and odd funk that we could overlook. We used the third party valet parking for the stay and never saw the car again until check out. It was pouring. We didn't look at it closely. We got home just as we ran out of gas. It occurs to me that Philly is only 140 miles from home. We were at 405 miles when we arrived home and we hadn't stopped anywhere after filling up when we left home. And we didn't leave the straight route home even though we stopped for lunch. Where'd the other 100+ miles come from??? Plus, upon arriving home we realized we'd been sideswiped in the rear. That certainly didn't happen while we were in the car. It was pouring when we left the hotel so we didn't see it at the time. I also realized upon arriving home that I left some clothes hanging on the back of the bathroom door at the hotel. I've called regarding both the clothes and the car. Housekeeping says they haven't seen the clothes and I'm waiting to hear about the car. Those two things really brought down what would have been a great review.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for writing this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. If you could call me to discuss the car situation would be appreciated. I will review this with the company that owns the parking lot. I certainly apologize for this. I'm glad everything else worked out for you.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this downtown Hampton Inn near the Convention Center. First of all, the staff was very friendly!! They were able to give us many recommendations for dinner or things to do. There is a bar just off the lobby and of course, drinks are a little pricey. There is also an outside seating area surrounded by plants that my co-workers and I enjoyed each evening. I would highly recommend bringing drinks with you if you are able as there was no where close to walk to buy beer.

My room was very comfortable--the mattress was nice and firm. My room was right by the elevator but not noisy at all!

The breakfast was a normal hotel hot breakfast--nothing extraordinary but there was coffee and hot water/tea available 24 hours a day. The breakfast area was kept very clean and well stocked and was big enough to move around in to prepare your meal.

The location of this hotel made it very easy to walk to Big Bus stop number 5 which is located very close to Reading Terminal Market. I was also able to walk to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.

If I am fortunate enough to return to Philly, I will stay at this Hampton again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at the Hampton Inn Philly. I'm pleased the location worked out for you and we met all of your needs. This feedback is very important to us and will be reviewed by the associates.
Thanks for being our guest.
Shady Cove, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week during the first part of August to attend a conference at the convention center. There were quite a few conference attendees staying here. Check in was efficient and gracious. The staff during my stay were beyond gracious and helpful. The room was clean and fresh and the bed was so comfortable. Wished I knew the name of the mattress they have, I would go out and buy one tomorrow!!!! I appreciated the availability of the computer and printer as well both on the ground floor and in the lobby. I didn't get a chance to try out your gym but it looked lovely. The breakfast was very nice and the staff at the breakfast bar were wonderful. The gentleman passing out mints was a sweetheart. Please send him my thanks. Thank you Hampton Inn for a lovely experience. If I'm able to return to your city I will most certainly stay at your facility.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Your great comments about the staff will be passed along especially for Richard in the breakfast room. The comments about the great cleanliness and front desk staff will be reviewed with them.
Thanks so much so being our guest.
STL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We enjoyed a 2 night stay. Conveniently located close to Center City and the Historic District, and just blocks away from Reading Street Market. We were impressed with everyone on the staff. At breakfast there was always someone circulating, keeping things neat and stocked, engaging in pleasant conversations with guests, and handing out individual boxes of mints as they cleared the table. Each evening the bar staff was attentive and equally engaging. Having access to a bar and an outdoor covered seating area was a nice surprise.

There was a definite upbeat management presence, from early in the morning until the evening, as he moved from the breakfast area through the lobby. For me, this creates a much more positive experience. It worked out well for us after one hectic early evening when our room keys did not work. He took over for the phone engaged front desk staff to renew our keys and escort us to our room to make sure things were good.

Hampton Inn breakfasts are always a great value, and this location upheld those standards. In a comfortable over sized seating area, breakfast comes with plenty of healthy choices. A waffle maker, high volume bread toaster, a bagel slicer and a refrigerated case for yogurt make things convenient.

It's a small touch, but one of the great amenities is the refrigerated case at the front door with plenty of bottled water available for your trek to Independence Hall. And a shout out for when you return in the afternoon; cookies and pretzels along with fresh cold fruit flavored water in the lobby.

Our room was clean, well appointed, quiet and cold. It's what makes my wife happy.

Although we didn't drive and we travel light, thanks to the valet staff for being so darn helpful and friendly.

This may have been our favorite Hampton Inn stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. Your comments concerning the hotel, location, and staff are much appreciated and will be discussed with the entire staff. Feedback like this is very important to our associates because they know their hard work is recognized.
Thanks for being OUR guest.
Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great stay at Philadelphia Hampton Inn. Staff was incredible. They were very courteous and professional, and responsive to our needs. The hotel was in great shape. Excellent location in the heart of Philadelphia.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for writing this wonderful review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philly. We appreciate this great feedback and it will be shared with the entire staff. I'm really pleased the associates you encountered made an impression.
Thanks so much for being our guest.
Pittsburgh, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

This has an outdoor parking lot and is an excellent location for walking to many restaurants and attractions. Great for staying the night before dropping off students at one of the nearby schools. The concierge is very helpful. Also, has very comfortable beds.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philly. This feedback is important to all the staff and future guests.
Thanks for being our guest.