“More than 5 circles, an excellent value”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 6 days, while moving our daughter in to her college apartment. This is our second stay here, and I can tell you that it's a great value. Everything is very clean, and the room was comfortable and quiet. The free breakfast is very enjoyable, and is frequently restocked (nice fruit salad). The convention center location is very convenient, and you are a short walk from the Reading Terminal and all of its food delights.

Most of all, the staff at this hotel make it a terrific experience. Every employee is friendly and helpful - and I do mean every employee! Special tip of the hat to the breakfast room workers, who start your day with a helpful smile. Although Hampton Inn is our "price point", I would not bother staying elsewhere in Philly; you are just throwing your money away. I have no criticisms for this property, only approval. We would not stay anywhere else in Center City!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. We certainly appreciate the feedback especially when the review is so positive. Your comments about the cleanliness, staff, and food are not only important for us but for future guests. The associates work hard to achieve this level of service and they will be recognized.
Thank you for being our guest and hope to see you in the future.
Roger Weber

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is the second Hampton Inn I have stayed at in the last few months. You cannot beat the value especially for the price. Parking was available for valet or parking the car myself across the street. It was reasonable and safe and I had easy access to my car during the entire stay. I liked having the breakfast available- the food was good, staff very friendly and helpful and a great start to the day. If running late a bagged breakfast was available which was a nice option if you were short on time. Having hot tea, coffee, and hot chocolate 24/7 was also a pleasant addition. All in all a great stay in a super hotel. Thank you!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. Your comments about the hotel, service ,and location are very welcomed and will certainly be passed along to the staff.
Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is a very good value--great location (just steps to the convention center), recently renovated (including its pool), good service, and good breakfast. In arrived at 7am and my room was ready. I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to get into my room early after arriving on a red-eye flight! My friend stayed at a nearby five-star hotel and wasn't able to check in until nearly 5pm.
During my convention, I was too busy for breakfast so I just grabbed a pre-made bagged breakfast or made my own from the breakfast buffet. In the afternoon, there are freshly baked cookies.
The people at the hotel were very helpful with directions and answering any questions I had. Thanks for making my stay welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. Reviews like this will certainly help future guests make a decision on where to stay. We are only steps away from the convention center and walkable to many historic sites and restaurants.. I'm glad we were able to get you into your room ASAP because of the distance you traveled.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the airport with free shuttle service and nice variety of food for breakfast. Staff is very courteous and went above and beyond to accommodate my family. Our vehicle was parked safely at the hotel which enabled us to enjoy our vacation on the island of enchantment without a worry...

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Hampton was consistent with my expectations of other Hampton Inns. The lobby was very nice and they offered ample breakfast seating. The staff working breakfast was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel also had a small bar that served drinks and snacks in the evenings--a bit unusual compared to other Hamptons. Overall, it was clean and well-kept except from some dislodged grout in the bathroom floor. It was easy to get cabs and the hotel was in walking distance of quite a few restaurants, etc. It is adjacent to China town and we noticed what appeared to be homeless people nearby, but we did not feel unsafe walking to/from the hotel in the evenings.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. I'm very pleased the location worked well for your weekend stay with us. Your positive comments about the breakfast and cleanliness of the hotel will be passed along to the staff.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed at Hampton Inn for Penn Relays (last weekend of April) and quite convenient location. Friendly staff, clean room, reasonable price for stay. Would definitely stay here again. Breakfast the usual but good choices. Pool a little small but clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. Your great comments about the staff, cleanliness, and location are very important to us and future guests.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A venor was supposed to have made a reservation. It did not. Elaine of the front desk honored the rate and got me a room. Glad to have that kind of service after flying from Detroit to Chicago to Philadephia arriving at the hotel at 8:00p.m.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia. I'm so glad Elaine was able to get you into the hotel. She will be recognized for this.
Roger Weber

Travelers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center? Share your experiences!