Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Ventura, California
“nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2007

We enjoyed our stay mostly. Right now there is construction going on across the street. The first night we were right above it. We asked to move and they were totally accomodating and gave us the first night free. The new location of the room was fine, we didn't hear a thing. The breakfast was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was fine. We walked to quite a few places. Basically, it was clean, and comfortable.

• Liked — location and free breakfast
  • Disliked — construction noise
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2007

Marginal location, marginal service. Not terrible, but unless you are there for an event at the convention center, there is no real reason to stay here. Valet parking is particularly bad. Free breakfast is rather good.

• Stayed October 2007
1 Thank DennisNJ
D.C.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2007

As I have readen a lot of postive ffeback about this hotel, I decided to reserve one suite room for my wife, my baby, my sister, and I for 2 nights to 24 th to 26th september.
I asked too for a quiet room for my baby.
We arrived in the afternoon, the welcome was bad, no smiling, we were badly received. So, I took my card, and when I opened my room, surprise, it was a roon, not a suite room as I reserved and as I received confirmation.
Second surprise, the room was just above the external A/C devices !!!
What noise !!!!!!
My baby appreciated and us too !!!
At the desk when I explained my situation, the woman told me curtly "the hotel is full !", I told her I reserved for a quiet suite room., she answered "we 'll find you a rollway bed".
What is this hotel ?
I crossed the USA and this hotel is the most worstest that I ever known, it's not an hotel it's a jail !!!!!
The staff on the afternoon was bad, the hands in the pockets, and they didn't understand the problem from their guests.
Avoid them !!!!!!
Avoid this hotel !!!!
This staff will be a very good staff for the prison not for an hotel.
A very bad experience.
I have sent a claim to the Hilton group.
Please avoid this hotel if you want a great vacation.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank D_c_Robert
Hamptonphillygm, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, September 2, 2008
The Hampton Inn Center City is committed to providing our guests with clean rooms and professional service. This guest did not book through us for the room, resulting in a non guaranteed room type. In order to guarantee a room type you must book through Hampton Inn directly. All third party suppliers are given last room availability and the transaction is between the guest and the third party. This includes smoking rooms. The staff did their best to accommodate this guest but the hotel was fully committed for the night.
Indian Shores, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2007

While there was nothing horrible about this Hampton, there was little to praise about it, either. Its location is in a somewhat run-down section on the outskirts of the city center, so don't expect nice views. It is, however, within walking distance of downtown shopping, restaurants, historic sights, etc., as long as you are relatively fit and enjoy exploring on foot...otherwise, cabs are easy to find and you can get anywhere downtown for a few bucks. Parking is expensive everywhere, so we left our car parked for the most part (hotel valet parking was $23/day with in/out privileges, and it always took a good 20 minutes to get our car when we called for it). Rooms were clean and relatively spacious, but in need of updating. The bed was not of the same quality as I have experienced at most other Hilton properties I have visited recently, and the sheets were so thin and worn I could almost see through them. While the staff we interacted with always complied with our requests, attitudes were a bit lackadaisical. The complimentary breakfast was the usual fare...fruit, cereal, bagels, etc., and the dining area was always hot and crowded. Hot setting on the bathroom hair dryer only got warm, and it took forever to dry my hair. A lot of little things added up to make me feel "meh" about my experience here. If you are Hilton-loyal, check out Embassy Suites City Center or Hilton Inn at Penn...I have used both recently, and they are much nicer (I selected the Hampton this time because neither had a vacancy to accommodate my travel dates).

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sweetpolly13
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2007

I stayed here for a conference at the Convention Center - the Hampton Inn is located very close to the CC building but you usually have to walk 2 city blocks to enter at the main entrance. Currently there is construction across the street where a building is being torn down, but I was not disturbed by any noise while in the room. The beds are very comfortable and the daily breakfast had great choices and was refreshed often by the helpful staff. The front desk scheduled my airport shuttles and was helpful with directions. Given a good location in Center City and a good price given the daily breakfast, I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — daily breakfast: great selection & open longer than most hotels
  • Disliked — internet was a bit slow and disconnected a few times
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank lao824
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2007

A nice Diamond upgrade was provided. The staff was very helpful. The room was very clean as like all Hamptons. The property is in very good shape and I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank bdw1989
boca raton,florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2007

My first trip to Philadelphia and was concerned with the area etc. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel, the area in my opinion isnt the cleanest or best area but the hotel itself overcomes that within the first 2 minutes your there. I cant say enough about how friendly the staff was and helpful as well. Every person I encountered offered a pleasant greeting , a good morning as I came off the elevator each morning and a super friendly and extremely helpful concierge staff. The pizza place on the corner just west of the hotel on Broad was a nice little eatery that was affordable. The room was very very clean well organized and the hotel breakfast was ample for a business person or small family. I will definetly stay here again should I ever have the need to be in Philly! You couldnt ask for a better staff! and a cleaner hotel for the money!

• Liked — helpfulness of the staff
  • Disliked — location was a seedy part of town
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business