“Always amazing”
Review of Fare Restaurant

Fare Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fare Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #472 of 4,519 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Corinthian Street
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Highly, highly, highly recommend. The food is fresh and light, and so freakin' tasty. We have celebrated 2 Valentines day evenings here, and 2 regular dinners, and finally got to try brunch. Lord I wish I lived in walking distance. Do yourself a favor and go eat here.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Food was very good, wonderfully presented, fresh and with very good-sized portions. We went for lunch, I had the flank steak wrap which was perfectly cooked and had a lovely sauce and seasoning with fresh spinach (and I do not like spinach!!). My friend had the tuna melt which had a mound of tuna and was loaded with fresh guacamole, which she loved! Both of us had the fresh salad which was dressed very nicely. We splurged and shared a Ricotta dessert (similar to creme brulee) which was excellent (and a surprise in the bottom)!!!!

Would definitely go back!!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Mt friends for an early dinner. Service was average. The food was just a step above mediocre. Of the five dinners we had, no one thought their dish was anything special. While most of us drank wine, imagine our surprise when we were charged $2.50 for each glass of incredibly weak iced tea in small glasses filled with ice. No free refills here. The beet salad was weak on beets.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Food was FANTASTIC! It could have been served a bit warmer but was too good to send back. Everything was fresh, tasty, wonderfully presented, creatively prepared, and amazingly delicious. The drinks were pretty weak, but the great food made up for it. What was NOT praiseworthy was the shrieking baby in the corner. I understand children are people, too. But to allow a couple to bring a very loud, very vocal toddler in to a finer restaurant on Valentine’s Day during dinner hours is an incredibly poor decision on either the hostess’ or management’s part. It’s a shame – I would love to give this restaurant another chance and recommend it, but the decision to allow a child in on VD during dinner – and having had to listen to it during what was supposed to be a relaxing, romantic (and may I add, not cheap) dinner - is enough for it to make my blacklist.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We really wanted to like Fare. The environment is attractive comfortable and warm. However when we asked for wine we had to choose several before we chose one they were not out of. The waiter was knd enough to offer the wine we had at the lower price of the bottle we wanted that they had run out of. The food was variable. My hisband had a steak that he loved. My friend had crab cakes that she felt had a paucity of crab. My veggie cakes were cold and somewhat tasteless. The server seemed a little distraught and the owner very nicely came over to see how we were doing. I wish them well, but they have some work to do.