“Sightseeing”

City Sightseeing Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #14 of 74 Tours in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Looking for some fun and excitement while on vacation in Historical Philadelphia? Take our daily Hop On/Hop Off tours throughout the City of Brotherly Love. With 27 stops, you can explore over 100 iconic attractions at your convenience. NEW this year: our tours are available in French, German, Spanish, and Mandarin. By far the BEST way to experience Philadelphia. We are Family Owned and Operated, and put safety and customer service above all.
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sightseeing”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Visiting family at the Jersey we decided to take a day trip to Philadelphia. Overall this was not a good experience. The guide, while he knew his facts, talked so fast it was hard to understand half of what he was saying and the driver raced through the streets like he was late for dinner!! Sitting in the lower portion on the bus it was also difficult to hear as the bus was very loud.

I have been on bus tours in other major cities and always had a pleasant experience.

Don't think I would recommend this tour company!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jojoemmie

• Hebrew first
Pt Pleasant,NJ
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Visited Philly with some out of state family and we took the bus tour. Since I live in the area I have been on the tour before but I was very disappointed in it this time. It was very chilly so we sat downstairs on the bus but it was so loud it was impossible to hear the guide. He talked so fast it was like listening to an auctioneer and the driver sped through town at warp speed. It was difficult to actually see anything and impossible to take pictures. I would think long and hard about ever recommending this tour to anyone in the future

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Nupiper
Cape Town
125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 329 helpful votes
“Exciting trip to see Philly and surroundings”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my first visit to Philadelphia (PA) and I wasn't sure what to expect. The buses have a terminal/stop just opposite the Reading Market Terminal and the Marriott Hotel, close to the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel and was very close to where I stayed. It was an exciting experience and the guys in charge were very friendly, selling the tickets and explaining what they had to offer. I enjoyed the trip, as I have used the city sightseeing buses in many cities around the world. Some of the tour operators were very good on the buses, while others were simply boring and not explaining very well.
The city is rich in culture and has so many places to stop and get off. I bought the 2-day ticket (its cheaper), but there is still some places that I haven't been to. Maybe next time!
It was very cold in March 2013 when I visited, with snow also falling. Some of the buses had nice heater systems that made the trip more pleasant.

This is a must to do when you visit Philadelphia, PA, USA. Enjoy!

1 Thank vsomerset
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun in Philly!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was my first time visiting Philadelphia and a friend had told me about Philadelphia sight seeing tours. After that I purchased a ticket for my girlfriend and I so we could see our way around the city. I really enjoyed how we were able to hop on and off of the busses. For my first tour I had an amazing tour guide named Josh. He explained everything about the city up to the rocky steps were we got off. After that I enjoyed the Art museum with my gf for a bit and got out in time to catch the next bus. For the second part of the trip I had Vanessa as my tour guide. She was amazing! My girlfriend and I both agreed that she was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about all the attractions! After an amazing trip we got off at the Bourse building in Center city. In there we enjoyed a good deli sandwhich from Bains. Also, we had the pleasure of getting a discount at the souvenir shops in the bourse because we took the trip! Overall we had a wonderful time and I highly recommend taking the tour!

1 Thank austinjnyc
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Warning for online purchase and overall poor experience”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We purchased tickets online but it failed to say we needed to board at stop 1. There was a salesperson by the stops for the center city hotels but he said we had to go to the first stop. We have two complaints about this process. First, it should clearly state when purchasing online that you can only board at stop number one. Second, if you have a salesman collecting money and issuing tickets at the stop near the hotel then that attendant should accept online purchase vouchers. We did eventually get on without going to the first stop, but only after a long " discussion".

As for the tour itself, we believe there were very few buses running on a spring break day. We boarded the bus three times and each time it was the same driver and tour guide and we waited an hour for a bus to come by the zoo stop. The competing company, the Big Bus had two buses pass by us at the zoo stop while we waited for our bus. One last complaint..the windows were covered with a screen and while that probably helps keeps it cooler in the summer, it makes it difficult to see through the screen.

No complaints for the tour guide...she did a good job, however we would not recommend this company. When we returned home, we called to complain about the online purchase without adequate instructions about boarding and while they apologized, it does not sound like they are going to address lack of boarding instructions....so beware...we won't be using them again, but will probably try the Big Bus next time.

2 Thank LeahS700