“Mediocre, expected better for Hilton”

The Landing Restaurant
Ranked #1,942 of 4,466 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Not much directly around the hotel and we didn't want to go out to do to a storm so we thought we would stay in and try the Hilton restaurant .

The staff politely seated us at our table and took our order. Food presentation was very good. I had the veal chop which by nature should have been a nice lean cut yet I found it very fatty. My colleague ordered lamb chops medium rare and they came medium well.

As we were eating, the wait staff came over and begin to clear the extra settings away from our table. They began talking to each other quite loudly, ignoring the fact that we were sitting there next to them, about some other subject which was not appropriate.

The dining room was set up in a way that it appeared we were in a reception hall and tables had just been set up to fill the space. The room was loud and cold and didn't feel very accommodating. The chairs were low to the ground and the back of my chair was touching the back of the chair behind me the next table.

My suggestion for Hilton would be to rethink there restaurant layout and upgrade their food service to meet the standard they are tempting to achieve. A little TLC in the kitchen and design space would make all the difference.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Food and service were quick, average prices. Good number of TVs showing the Vikings-Packers game in HD.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I took my boyfriend here for dinner for his birthday and I wanted something different than the casual restaurant but at an affordable price. We went on a Tuesday night around 8:20 pm and the place was virtually empty, but we liked that. There were a few people there for business dinners, but we really had the place to ourselves. Our waitress, Tiffany, was amazing. She attended to all of our needs, yet gave up the privacy we were looking for. We ordered a shrimp cocktail for each of us. The shrimp used were tiger shrimp...very tasty and filling for an appetizer. A little while later our entrees came out. I ordered the shrimp and scallop scampi which was EXCELLENT. Tiger shrimp and sea scallops tossed in the best white wine sauce with the perfect amount of garlic. I ate about four bites and was full. My boyfriend ordered the veal chop and he immediately wanted to know who the cook was to thank him or her. He stated that the chop was done just the way he wanted (medium rare). He also loved the mashed potatoes and broccoli.

I also had a $25 restaurant.com certificate, which Tiffany was able to effortlessly deduct from the bill...

Great food, service, and atmosphere...I will be back!!!!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food here is very well prepared and tasty. the steak is my favorite it melts in your mouth very flavorful. Reminds me of a cookout in the summer. Also the grouped is another favorite. With a smiling staff and experienced waitress its WORTH THE DRIVE or stay overnight at the Hilton where the landing is located.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

My wife and I went to the Landing Restaurant and Grill our last night of a trip to Philadelphia. We had some good house Cabernet and it was reasonably priced. My wife had salmon and I had the ribeye. My wife found the salmon to be very good. My ribeye was superior. My only complaint was that potatoes were not at the best temperature.

Staff was welcoming and seemed interested in our well being. I would rate the restaurant a 4.5 if that rating actually existed. WE would definitely go here again.