“It Could of been Very Good”

Spirit of Philadelphia
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.03*
and up
Spirit of Philadelphia Dinner Cruise with Buffet
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Entertainment at a Great Value. That's the Spirit. Festive yet affordable, the Spirit of Philadelphia, conveniently located at Penn's Landing is alive with vibrant dining and entertainment, day or night. Come aboard for a brunch, lunch, sunset or dinner cruise and let us engage you with our unique combination of dining, dancing, entertainment and breathtaking views. And the best part? It's all included for one price. Welcome Aboard.
Rowz1
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“It Could of been Very Good”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Six of us decided to take a couple out who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. The Spirit of Philadelphia seemed like a good choice, although on the expensive side. Anyhow, the boarding process was very smooth and we were taken to our seats. We were greeted by our waiter who introduced himself, explained the menu and asked if it was a special occasion. We told him of the anniversary, and he apologized saying no one told him, he was new, and that he would do something special. Then he DISAPPEARED for a hour! He finally came back and took our drink order. A half an hour later someone else told us the Buffet was open. We got our food, which was pretty good, and still no drinks. He finally showed up with 4 of the 8 drinks. I was done with my meal when he showed up with 2 more - still forgetting 2. I got my drink after my meal, and the other person never really got her Iced Tea. We finally asked someone else, who brought us a pitcher full - but no glasses. Throughout the evening we spotted our waiter dancing with other guests, outside on the deck - basically everywhere except waiting on his tables. Unfortunately that kind of spoiled the evening for us. On the plus side, it was a nice boat, the DJ was good, and the food was ok. However the bill for the 8 of us was over eleven hundred dollars - so in my opinion the service should of been MUCH better.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rowz1

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Worth doing”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Service was average, our server disappeared a couple of times. The food was pretty good, I had the salmon, the tilapia, and the roast beef. All were good, not extraordinary but good. Drinks are expensive, expect to pay a bit for those. Music was dreadful, not my taste at all, it was like a bad wedding dj...but we went outside on the deck and that was the best!! I was a little worried about going after reading some of the reviews, but I really think I'd you just take it for what it is its worth doing. I would go again.

Cruises42, Manager at Spirit of Philadelphia, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello, thank you for sharing your experience aboard Spirit of Philadelphia. We apologize for the issues you had with the service and music selection, and we will use your feedback to improve the cruise experience for future guests.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Bus trip visit”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Boarded in penn's landing. Food was buffet styles. Quality was so so. They ran out of salad. Ended up eating the Mac'n'cheese. Dessert was cheesecake. My wife is Gluten free. The menu had numerous choices. My wife enjoyed her meal. G/f dessert Was Fruit salad.

1 Thank EdieandJerryC
Kenora, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A fine evening”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

While the weather wasn't the greatest, the food on The Spirit was excellent. Our waiter wasn't the best but even then, the service was ok. The atmosphere made for a very enjoyable 3 hours. We enjoyed the opportunity to dance later in the cruise.

1 Thank yvanc
Chester, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful time, great staff!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband surprised me with the early am criuse on Mothers Day, and the entire cruise and staff made the experience a wonderful one!! We were seated on the main deck, by a window and near the buffett. I was observing the woman who took care of setting up the buffett, her name is Jeralyn. Jeralyn was meticulous with the representation of the buffett, was constantly keeping tabs on the quantity of food be served, and the tear down was done in the same manner...she worked extremely hard and did a wonderful job, and I made sure to let her know my appreciation.Together, all the staff did an outstanding job in making the cruise an experience my husband and I will never forget!! Thank you.

Visited May 2013