“Welcome change of pace”

Revolution House
Ranked #232 of 4,356 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Chatham, New York, United States
“Welcome change of pace”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a charming, great restaurant. My 17 yr old son,my wife and I ate here last evening. The food was good, though a bit pricy. The wait staff was great and we would eat there again

Visited August 2013

Philadelphia
“Much Better Options in Olde City”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had drinks and dinner with some friends here this past Saturday. The drinks were good-well made and not skimpy on the liquor. The food left something to be desired. My husband's burger was mostly gristle and he didn't finish it. We shared several small plates among the 4 of us. The chicken kabobs were overly seasoned and very dry. The tator tots were somewhat greasy. The quinoa salad was just average. The octopus was actually the best dish we had. We also split one pizza. I didn;t care for the tomato sauce-it definitely tasted canned. Overall, I wouldn't go back as there are a plethora of better choices in Olde City. The Continental, Cuba Libre and many others are within walking distance of this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Verona, Wisconsin
“Tasty but average.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped here only to wait for our son who had a meal "event" on the upstair terrace. The place was clean, interesting interior, the outside terrace on the second floor is VERY nice. I ordered the chicken kabobs [app] and for the amount I found it a bit pricey, however they were excellent! Left me wanting more! Decent beer choices, our waiter was average. Nothing outstanding but we had a good experience. I think overall the meal prices are in line with the rest of Center City.

Visited May 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre food, slow service”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this because we were going to a theatre nearby. It took forever to order, and we had a long wait for our food. Our waiter was inattentive and not friendly.

My husband ordered the Dijon Chicken, which was tasty - breaded and in a lemony, overly-Dijoned sauce. I got the Beet Salad - the beets were mushy and had very little flavor, the goat cheese, which was a little log in the center of the plate, was hard and did not taste fresh. I also got a small plate of Slow Cooked Duck Gratin. The duck was shredded and had almost no flavor - it tasted as if it had been boiled in water. The tomato sauce it was in tasted canned.

The highlight was my dessert - a scoop of rocky road ice cream from the Franklin Fountain, which was delicious and creamy. Next time, I think I will skip Revolution House and go right to the Franklin Fountain.

• Visited June 2013
Rogers, Arkansas
“Cool Interior and Good Food”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stopped here for lunch. Beer menu was decent and had some unique offerings. Loved the tater tot app...reminded me of how we make cheese curds in WI. We both had the Tri-Tip Cheesesteak and it was very flavorful...was not expecting it to be served pita-style, but we both liked it quite a bit. Service was fine.

Visited June 2013