“Great view from the second floor, good food”
Review of Revolution House

Revolution House
Ranked #206 of 4,506 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The food is good and it is Center City prices. Nice atmosphere and the location is great. Try the various beers on tap.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Family of 4, first visit to Old City Philadelphia. Looking for dinner on a Sunday evening. Walked around the neighborhood, liked the outside of Revolution House and saw the Zagat sign. Glad we tried it. My husband had the tri-tip cheesesteak and he said it was excellent. I had the burger and its served in almost a pocket bread. Good! My son said the mac and cheese was weird (looked good). Had a crab, shrimp and risotto small plate and it was good (2 cakes). Prices weren't bad (4 people, soda, 1 beer, one small plate, 4 entrees for $72). Very nice interior. Interesting mix of new and old style. We didn't go upstairs to the terrace but many people waited for these tables. Decent crowd for a Sunday evening. Excellent service.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I found this treasure and are we glad we did. I had the cheese steak amazingly different, he had the chicken sandwich and he is still talking about the taste I personally think it was the pineapples but next time we will find out because YES we are going back. Its a lunch time secret.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food is edible and the service good. However, it's overpriced for what you get. One of us had a steak that was ok but small; the other diner had a seafood/artichoke combo. The California wine was unremarkable except for its exorbitant price.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I find it hard to find well made pizza. I like individual pies, my favorite pizza was Spiritus in Provincetown MA but this is a contender. The wine selection is small but well thought out, the rest of the menu was eclectic and looking at what the other diners were eating, everyone seemed to be enjoying their meals. The staff was friendly and well informed.

Been to Revolution House? Share your experiences!