“Stumbled onto this while walking the neighborhood; saw Zagat and tried it.”
Review of Revolution House

Revolution House
Ranked #222 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Western NY
“Stumbled onto this while walking the neighborhood; saw Zagat and tried it.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Family of 4, first visit to Old City Philadelphia. Looking for dinner on a Sunday evening. Walked around the neighborhood, liked the outside of Revolution House and saw the Zagat sign. Glad we tried it. My husband had the tri-tip cheesesteak and he said it was excellent. I had the burger and its served in almost a pocket bread. Good! My son said the mac and cheese was weird (looked good). Had a crab, shrimp and risotto small plate and it was good (2 cakes). Prices weren't bad (4 people, soda, 1 beer, one small plate, 4 entrees for $72). Very nice interior. Interesting mix of new and old style. We didn't go upstairs to the terrace but many people waited for these tables. Decent crowd for a Sunday evening. Excellent service.

• Visited May 2013

Sicklerville, New Jersey
“Surprise, Surprise”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I found this treasure and are we glad we did. I had the cheese steak amazingly different, he had the chicken sandwich and he is still talking about the taste I personally think it was the pineapples but next time we will find out because YES we are going back. Its a lunch time secret.

• Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Don't bother”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food is edible and the service good. However, it's overpriced for what you get. One of us had a steak that was ok but small; the other diner had a seafood/artichoke combo. The California wine was unremarkable except for its exorbitant price.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Really good pizza”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I find it hard to find well made pizza. I like individual pies, my favorite pizza was Spiritus in Provincetown MA but this is a contender. The wine selection is small but well thought out, the rest of the menu was eclectic and looking at what the other diners were eating, everyone seemed to be enjoying their meals. The staff was friendly and well informed.

Visited March 2013
Sparta, New Jersey, Usa
“Thank god we found this place!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We walked around this area for about 25 minutes trying to find a perfect place that fits our style for dinner before our concert and couldn't have asked for anything better. Excellent selection of craft beers, food was delicious and the wait staff was extremely friendly. we were here in February and want to go back when its warm out to check out the deck upstairs

• Visited February 2013