“Very Nice for Last Minute Stay”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #57 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Bucks County, PA
“Very Nice for Last Minute Stay”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Flight delayed due to bad weather. I missed the last train to get me back home to the burbs. I made my reservation upon my late arrival into Phila. I had to wait a bit for the shuttle, but when I called the second time, the staff was very apologetic, and shuttle came within about 4 minutes. There is not much around but other hotels. I asked at check-in about the restaurant, but it had closed for the eve. The staff said I could get something to eat (to go, if I wished) at their sister hotel, the Sheraton Suites at the restaurant/bar. Even though so late, I took the short walk there and ordered my take-out, which was very good (very nice bartender). Being so tired and having to catch a 6:39 a.m. train in the a.m., I appreciated the built-in dispensers in the shower containing soap, shampoo and conditioner. The bed was very comfortable, for the little amount of time I spent sleeping. The shuttle in the morning (which leaves every 20 min.) took me back to the airport to catch my train. So, things went pretty smoothly. Staff was friendly, both shuttle drivers friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear dmlBucksPA,
We are happy to hear we exceeded your expectations during your stay and enjoyed our comfortable beds and bathroom amenities. Providing our guests with exceptional service is a priority for our team, and we are very glad our team was accommodating to satisfy your needs. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area. All the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Coram, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

If you don't want to stay in city center this hotel is perfect. I've stayed here 2 times and the people are very sweet. The rooms are clean and a 15 minute drive to downtown Philly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Boise
Reviewed June 6, 2014

After arriving at the airport at 1 am, we waited for the shuttle for thirty minutes. A long check-in line with one person working at the desk caused us to wait nearly another thirty minutes. Very shabby elevator, hallways. Room seemed nice at first until I looked at the floor. The carpet by the bedside table was disgusting. Pulled back the covers, and there were what appeared to be several pieces of mulch or wood chips on the sheets. They need to teach their cleaning staff how to clean! Then the AC went on and off all night very loudly. But the shuttle driver the next morning was great, and the front desk staff in the morning were nice. I felt bad for the desk clerk at 1 am dealing with the long line all by herself.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear KTA-ID,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you received great service with our staff for the morning of your stay; however, we do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the evening shuttle and check-in. The cleanliness of our hotel is also one of our highest priorities, and we appreciate you bringing that status of your guestroom to our attention so we can work directly with our team to ensure the highest quality for all rooms. Thank you for staying at our hotel, and we hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Take care.
North Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed June 3, 2014

four pts by airport is a perfect old school hotel/motel - u want gadgets Aloft has it - nightlife too - college early professional career guys - your firm pays the Sheraton fits your needs. If you pay this is the place for you. I've bought gifts for staff and their kids - these men and women are loyal and professional - you have a problem they fix it - 3am- they switched refrigerators in my room due to a problem. I was top line Wall Street guy - a Westin type - Sheraton vacation owner - whole deal - these folks own your repeated business - disabled now with a Philly homeless ministry with their waiter on the weekends - your missing a treat if you don't spend time with him. 26 days - 14 time points - discounts aaa, aarp all of it - 23 day - 3 reception clerks - Tom it been a while are you doing ok - 4 weeks - that's the kind of place it is - service - personal , pride in what they do - the occupancy rate for the area is outstanding - the business card fishbowl is always fill - stuck in a storm - they help the airport get it right - me I love this place - I double dog dare you to give it a try

Room Tip: breakfast with Reggie on weekends - his smile will start your day right - if you have a problem , do...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The initial impression of the hotel was this is nice because the lobby is very nice and the bar/restaurant in the lobby area looks very inviting. The front desk people are quick and extremely welcoming and friendly. We went to our floor and once we were off the elevator, we noticed a dirty hotel. There were dirty wash clothes lying in the halls. There were stains all over the walls. Once in the room, the bed was clean but the floor was dirty and stained-I did not walk through there in my bare feet. There was hair all over the bathroom-on the floor, on the walls, and in the shower. The furniture was ripped too in the room.
We flew to Mexico and upon returning, I went into the hotel to dispute a charge on my credit card. We did a park and fly but the hotel had charged me to park which was a mistake. The clerk at the front desk resolved it very quickly and apologized profusely.
At the bar/restaurant we left because the bar tender kept walking past us-this was after our initial check in. We ended getting a cab into Philly to eat which the front desk person arranged for us.
Stay at the Aloft across the street-we had a great experience there in 2010. We booked the Four Points because it was $20 cheaper-big mistake. The only saving grace for this hotel was the front desk clerks-we talked to several and everyone was great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear J G,

Thank you for your review. While we are very pleased to hear you were provided great service, we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your overall stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding the conditions of the hotel as we look to refresh the hotel.

We hope you had a great time in Philadelphia and in Mexico! Take care.
NH
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was staying at the 4 points near the Philly Airport for 2 nights on business...I thought that being close to the Airport it would be decent...Much to my dissapointment, When i walked into the room the floor in the foyer was sticky ( i washed it with a hand towel) the AC was non-existant, the food in the restaurant was over priced (although tasty) The Hotel was not in good repair... But the worst ever night of my life was the second night. I was in the room next to where a man was shot in a family dispute. the man died the next day.The Best the Hotel did was slip a note under my door apologizing for any inconvenience this may have caused me. Great I had a sleepless night having to wake up early and catch a flight home...I was visibly shaken by the ordeal once the reality sunk in....I will never stay at this Hotel Again and I recommend that others do not as well..

Room Tip: Chose a room at another Hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank POPs46
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear POPs46,

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear you did not have a pleasant stay with us, particularly the conditions of your room. We appreciate your feedback and will review with our team.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff at the front desk was very polite, and it is very easy to drive into Philadelphia if you have a car (20 minutes). In general the cleaning staff at the hotel did a good job, meaning that the sheets, towels etc. were always clean, however some of the interior was just old and had staines on them, which can't be removed by simply cleaning them! Also, as shown in the pictures, we had a brown fake leather office chair in our room, the leather was all ripped up and coming off! The interior needs to be updated soon! The rooms are quite large and bright, but the bathroom is small and has no sink in it, it is located in the main room across the bed! All together the hotel is quite pricy and it is not worth paying that much for a stay at that place!

Stayed May 2014
Dear Michael S,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you were provided great service, but disappointed to hear you did not enjoy the conditions of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as we look to plan our refresh schedule.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in the Philadelphia area. Take care.