After reading some of the reviews on this site, I was a little tentative about booking a room for my family here for one night, but did so anyway. I wasn't disappointed. Essentially you get what you pay for: a room at an airport hotel.
The beds were comfortable and the room was small but clean. (Who expects a big room at an airport hotel? Perhaps people who don't travel much.) The carpet will need to be replaced soon. We didn't hear any airplane noise.
We had the pool to ourselves, although we had trouble getting in. (Maybe that's why we had it to ourselves--no one else could get in.) The young woman at the desk was persistent in helping us--eventually. There was something wrong with the entry system. Even the facility services man sent to help us had trouble with it.
The front desk service is the only complaint I have about our stay. When we arrived, we stood for about 5 minutes at the desk waiting behind another patron. I don't have a problem with waiting because I know that the desk staff have a lot to do, but I at least want my existence to be acknowledged. There were three women at the desk and only one was helping another guest. The other two were performing various tasks--one was just getting there in for the evening shift, I believe. Anyway, of the three women, only one had adequate and professional customer service skills. The other two women exhibited what I have come to recognize as typical Philadelphia-area attitudes toward customer service. (This attitude is especially apparent in the airport).
We used the hotel shuttle (which also serves the Aloft and Sheraton hotels on the same property) to go to the airport to catch the train to Downtown Philadelphia. Service was competent but not friendly. We noticed that the shuttle to the airport filled up fast. Parking is reasonable at $12 or 24 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport has free PHL shuttle service. We're near Philadelphia Sports Complex and 8 miles from center city Philly, PA Convention Center, and the historic district ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
- Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia Airport Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
- Four Points Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Four Points