“What happened to this place?”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #58 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New Jersey
“What happened to this place?”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the weekend while visiting family and seeing a show. Here's the breakdown:

Hotel: It is a nice hotel and was pretty clean.

Location: Right next to the airport; there is a shuttle that runs often.

Check in/Staff: Wonderful. Leeanna was VERY helpful and professional. Tara and Darryl were also VERY helpful and professional. Great assets to the Four Points.

Rooms: Very basic. Nothing special but beds were very comfortable.

Restaurant: Food was decent

We checked in on Friday night. Got up Saturday morning and ran out to enjoy the day. Came back in at around 4:00pm to find our room had not been cleaned. No big deal. We left again around 5:00pm to go to dinner and a show. We got back to our room at 10:30pm only to find that our room STILL had not been cleaned. I called to speak to the manager on duty and was transferred to who I thought was a manager. When I asked was she a manager, she stated, "No" so again I asked to speak to the manager. A gentleman then got on the phone and again I asked was HE a manager to which he replied, "No, there is no manager available." Finally I was transferred to Leeanna at the front desk. I explained that our room had not been cleaned. She asked was our privacy sign on the door to which I stated no (we had taken it off when we left that morning). She then checked the computer and said, "You're right. Our system shows you did NOT have a privacy note on your door." She then asked what we needed (towels and wash cloths, although clean sheets would have been great too) and immediately sent them up to our room.

After the goods were delivered, we got a phone call from Norah, whom I assume was the manager on duty. She asked what the problem was. My husband explained the situation to her. She stated, "Well if the privacy sign was on the door, they wouldn't clean the room." My husband informed her that it wasn't on the door (per Leeanna) when they came. She then changed the story to, "Well they come at 6:30am." 6:30am??!! So you mean to tell me that housekeeping comes at 6:30am to clean your room? While you're still asleep? Also, even if the privacy sign was on the door, are you telling me housekeeping doesn't come back around to make sure all rooms are clean? Are you kidding me? Oh and did I mention that we had a pile of dirty wash cloths and towels on the bathroom floor and 2 trash cans overflowing left in the room. One more note about housekeeping...one of the housekeepers was in the lobby cursing and talking very loudly without any concern for guests. Horrible!

Finally, after making excuses for our room not being cleaned, she graciously comped our parking for 2 nights and a movie we rented. My credit card has not been charged yet so I don't know if those credits will indeed appear on my statement.

We have stayed here before and it was not this bad. I'm not sure what went wrong but they need to fix it. Never again.

P.S...It is a very good idea to have a manager on duty (or if they are on duty, not hiding from guests) and not have other staff pretend to be the manager.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelTwit
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Traveltwit,

Thanks for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in the Philadelphia area. We apologize for all of the inconveniences you experienced with us. Please note that we do have a Manager on Duty on the weekends and I am sorry that you were not made aware of this.

All of your comments have been shared with the hotel team to ensure that other guests do not experience similar situations. We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stay here for the Park & Fly package. Our vacation starts the night before our flight with a beer and a small meal. The next morning the shuttle takes us to the airport and our car stays at the Sheraton Four points secure parking lot.

The hotel furniture is old and the rugs are worn but the room is a good size.

A snack the next morning would be great especially since we want to get to the airport quickly.

The price of the park & fly is getting a bit high $ 168 - it was $ 149 not too long ago.

All in all the comfort of being at the airport the night before and not paying for someone else to park/watch our car for the week is mentally comforting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night and it was clean. Bed was super comfortable! Great value and close to on/off for 95 so it was easy to drive to center city when we wanted to. A shuttle is offered to airport and the conference we were attending.Wish a small breakfast was offered.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank 77marion77
Diggy7199, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our services. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The lobby is nice and large, but the halls and rooms are obviously dated, and in need of upgrades. Pretty plain room, although quiet. The free shuttle runs every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day. The bar is open 5 to 10 with a somewhat limited menu. Staff was very nice and helpful. My main complaint was no coffee in the lobby! Close to airport, but still about 10-15 minute ride!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EfficientTraveler
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL. We are glad you enjoyed the services of our staff. We like to keep up with the upkeep of our rooms and hotel but being a busy airport hotel, it goes through a lot of wear and tear. We are in the process of scheduling some updates to the rooms and hallways this year. Meanwhile may I reccommend the Sheraton Suites or the Aloft on your next visit to Philadelphia. They will definitely suit your needs better.
Look forward to welcoming you back.

Clarks Summit PA
Reviewed March 3, 2013

On our recent trip, we stopped at Four Points in Philadelphia airport for overnite, the front desk staff were very accommodating, especially for my husband who needs handicapped bathroom. Bed was very comfortable, food in restaurant was quite good but a little pricey, They advertised parking, but didnot state you had a problem getting out of property without having to contact front desk to open the gated parking area. Only real complaint I might have is, if you are scheduled plane to catch in the morning, plan on calling a CAB., Hotel shuttle service to airport is nowhere to be found,! That day we were trying to catch our flight along with 20 other people, landed up paying for a taxi, cause shuttle service may have been taking a longer coffee break???? Besides that fact, room itself wasn't bad & easily accessible to highway 95.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank thebeachlover1
Good Afternoon

Thank you for staying at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have an airport shuttle service that is avaialble 24 hours of the day/7 days a week every 20 minutes. We have several shuttles making the round to the hotel and back. On the date in question, I am sure there might have been a serious issue with the shuttle that caused the delay. I am sorry to her that in spite of staying at an airport hotel, you had to pay for a cab to get to the airport. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and my assurance that this is not a norm. I hope you stay with us on your next trip to Philadelphia

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I only stayed at this property for one night in February 2013. I made my reservation through Hotwire, so I did not know it was this hotel until I had paid my money. I would not stay here again.

The first impression I got of this hotel is a gated parking lot, which you have to pay $7 a day to park in. I have stayed at other airport properties in Philadelphia that do not charge for parking. Had I known they charge for parking, I would not have chosen this hotel, and that is the primary reason I would not stay here again.

I arrived late at night, checked in, and went straight to my room. I noticed as I walked down the hallway, I could hear televisions in other rooms playing loudly. Once I got into my room, I could hear people walking and talking loudly out in the hallway. This was not good. I turned on my TV to drown out some of the hallway noise, which was fine. The light fixture over the beds did not work. Further investigation revealed that it was not even plugged in. When I tried to plug it in, the plug would not stay in the socket, so I left it unplugged.

There were two free water bottles, which was nice. The bed was nice, but I did not sleep well in it. (I think that was more a function of the fact that I had to get up early for a flight in the morning, and being afraid of oversleeping, rather than a function of the bed itself.) The bathroom was clean. The shower had good water pressure. Rather than bars of soap and bottles of shampoo, there is a dispenser in the shower for shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner. The TV / remote functioned fine. I did not eat here or try any of the hotel's amenities.

But, paying $7 to park really gets under my skin. That is just not a way to welcome people to your property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Big80s
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review on your stay at the Aloft, PHL Airport. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and facilities. However, I am saddened to hear that you will not be returning to us due to the $7 Parking charge. We understand that not many of the airport hotels charge for parking but none of these hotels offer a secure gated parking lot. The gated parking works in our favor a number of ways. It keeps unwanted cars and guests from entering our facility. It also makes sure that guests who are not staying at the hotel are not parking at the hotel thus taking parking space away from our paying guests. The secure gated lot is for the safety and security of our guests and employees and I hope it dies not discourage you from using us next time you are in Philadelphia. Look forward to welcoming you soon.

San Marcos, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised since we have had many disappointments while staying in airport hotels. I especially liked the small size; many of these hotels are like warehouses. We were on the second floor and made several quick trips to the shuttle, front desk, bar, etc. The staff at the front desk could not have been nicer. (I am now reading some reviews which state the opposite so either we got lucky or management read the same reviews and made corrections.) Would stay here again for an early flight out of Philadelphia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Diggy7199, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again

Sales Team