“Nil points by sheraton”

Ranked #58 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
North Yorks
“Nil points by sheraton”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way to the Caribbean. The hotel was booked by our travel company. First challenge was the transport to the hotel - this was supposed to be every 20 minutes but wasn't. Check in was terrible. The receptionist was rude,slow and totally disinterested. She made no attempt at conversation or eye contact. The family room was spacious but dated and worn. There was a metal covering on the wall which was hanging off and packed with dirt, the air vent was dirty, skirting boards dirty, curtains stained and the sink chipped. We were a party of 3 but had only 2 cups and 2 bottles of water. Electric wiring in the room involves multiple sockets and wires trailing around.No food and drink available until 5pm and we arrived at 3 after a long flight.
The only positive in this hotel was the waitress in the restaurant who was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Diggy7199, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I apologise for the unpleaant experience at our hotel. We are in the process of updating our rooms floor by floor. Meanwhile may I suggest you stay with us at the Sheraton Suites or the Aloft, PHL on your next visit to Philly. They are a part of the Starwood family and I assure you that you will have a great stay.

Sales Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our flight in philadelphia airport has been cancelled so the US airlines gave us the hotel coupon for this hotel...it's very near and there is a good shuttle bus from airport every 20 minutes... the airport is very simple & basic and the bigger problem are the Hotel employee...very VERY V-E-R-Y slowly!!! Beside this issue we also just received one people in our room... The customer desk gave them wrong card!!! No comment

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I apologise for the unpleaant experience at our hotel. May I suggest you stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton or the Aloft, PHL on your next visit to Philly. They are a part of the Starwood family and I assure you that you will have a great stay.

New Jersey
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The Hotel Four Points By Sheraton located at the Philadelphia Airport was a refuge for me following Huricane Sandy. All of the Front Desk Staff was very caring and very friendly. The Room was first rate with a comfortable bed very well suited for a Business Traveler. The Hotel Team performed more like a Resort Staff rather than a Hotel Airport Staff. They seemed to go out of their way to insure my stay was first rate. I would like to point out Annette and Fran who daily asked how I was doing and how I was getting along after the Hurricane. The hotel is of course very close to the Philadelphia Airport with Free Shuttle Service for Pick Up and Drop Off to the Airport Departures. Since my Car was a victim of Hurricane Sandy I relied Heavily on the public transportation. The Philadelphia Septa Train at the Airport is very convenient and can has drop offs to Philadelpha 30th Street Station and from there I could take another Train or Bus to almost Anywhere in the City.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I am sorry for the unpleasant circumstances under which you stayed with us. Hope all is well with you and the family now and you have recovered completely from the Sandy disruption. Glad to hear that our hotel and the staff members took good care of you in your time of need.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was sent here by US Airways as a result of a missed connection due to flight delays. I had to wait several minutes for the desk clerk to sign into her computer, with no acknowledgement, apology or apparent idea of customer service. I have never experienced such unprofessional staff at any hotel, but I was particularly surprised for a Four Points to be so poor. The room was in serious need of an overhaul - really, really tired. I suspect they give the lower-calibre rooms to airline guests, although it looks like overall reviews of this property are pretty negative. If I had paid for the room, I would have formally complained.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I apologise for the unpleaant experience at our hotel. We will definitely address your concerns with our staff members. May I suggest you stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton or the Aloft, PHL on your next visit to Philly. They are a part of the Starwood family and I assure you that you will have a great stay.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The location is great, but the bathrooms are discussing. Rusty, moldy, cracked ceilings and drywall. (Pictures attached) Bedrooms also travel worn. This property gets a lot of use, being close to the airport and the room, facilities need a spruce.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I apologise for the unpleaant experience at our hotel. We are in the process of updating our rooms floor by floor. Meanwhile may I suggest you stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton or the Aloft, PHL on your next visit to Philly. They are a part of the Starwood family and I assure you that you will have a great stay.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as a last minute thing and have to say that the welcome when we first arrived was outstanding. Rooms clean and a decent size. Would stay again :-)
We did not know the area at all and the staff made sure we were looked after. Te tuck shop in reception is a great idea when you don t want to go far.

• Stayed November 2012
Diggy7199, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pen down your review of your recent stay at the Four Points by sheraton. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our faciility and the hospitality. Look fowrard tow elcoming you again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed for one night on a business trip and had no problems.

Checkin
Quick and I was off to my room. I checked in around 1 or 2 so a little early.

Parking
I'm not sure if parking is free if you are a SPG preferred member or not. For me it was free but I thought I heard them tell someone else is was $7 a night. There is a decent amount of parking around the hotel so you shouldn't have any problems.

Internet
Surprisingly fast. I was able to skype with the family and hod no problems.

Front Desk
50/50 here. I had one clerk that was great and very helpful and another that I caught her making a face after I walked away. I was asking for a takeout menu so not an odd request. On top of that the place she recommended was horrible.

Rooms
I was on the preferred floor and my room was fine. Like others have said it worn but it was OK by me. I didn't find anything gross.

Checkout
They never gave me a bill so I had to go to the front desk to ask for one on my departure. I asked to have it emailed to me.

Overall
I was happy. I read some of the reviews and expected a dump but it wasn't close. I would stay there again or pick another in the 3 that are in the same area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Diggy7199, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Good Afternoon
Thank you for taking tie to write your review. I am glad that your stay was a pleasant one at the Four Points. I am sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant expereince with one of our staff members. Please let us know if you have the name of the desk agent and we will definitely reach out to her and train and coach accordingly. We look forward to you visiting us soon

Four Points Sales Department