Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. Booked last minute via Hotwire and got a fantastic rate. I think they use Hotwire to unload rooms a lot. Room was a decent size. My first room was much smaller but they were using it to store housekeeping items (bags of linens, trash, etc) so I called the front desk and they told me to come back and they would switch me. I didn't ask for an upgrade but I was given a larger room.
The bathroom was tiny with very little in the way of counter space. The shower was also very small with the shower head oddly-placed.
Wifi worked great. Nice desk. For some reason I had a very hard time sleeping in this hotel. I think it might be because I am used to my memory foam mattress at home and the hotel has a standard mattress. The a/c worked pretty well. Others have complained about the noise but I sleep with earplugs anyway so it was fine for me. I recall seeing a card offering comfort items including earplugs if you need them. They also offer air purifiers and I should have gotten one but did not.
One quirk noted by others is the need to take two elevator rides every time you enter and exit the hotel. The hotel between the street level and the lobby are painfully slow.
The location at 17th and Chestnut is great. Plenty of decent restaurants nearby. Easy walk up to Ben Franklin Parkway and the cultural institutions there (Franklin Institute, Free Library, Basilica, Love Park) plus City Hall. Plenty of paid parking lots around as well. I just parked across the street in the garage under the mall. With hotel validation it is $24/day.
All in all it was a fine stay at a very good price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia is a newly renovated full service hotel designed for business travelers. Located in the heart of the city's business district and within walking distance of many cultural and historical attractions including Rittenhouse Square, Antique Row and the Academy of Natural Sciences. Adjacent to Liberty Place with over 70 unique boutiques and restaurants and easily accessible to the convention center. Its restaurant and bar, Davio's, serves delicious Northern Italian cuisine. All Club Quarters Hotels provide: • Free high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the hotel • Instant registration and check-out • Club Living Room - an inviting lounge for working, meeting, socializing and relaxing • Free unlimited chilled bottled water • Greater security with keycard access to guest room floors • Restaurant and Bar • Fitness room with cardio equipment and weights • Meeting rooms and office space available • Guest Request Closets on every floor containing extra pillows, blankets and amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quarters Hotel Philadelphia
- Club Quarters Philadelphia