“Good location and service”

Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia
Ranked #15 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We only had a brief layover in Philly so location was key. We walked to all the famous areas with ease. The staff (Michael) was so helpful and friendly and went out of his way to make sure we were accommodated. We really appreciated the extra care. Rooms are comfortable and quiet and not awful as one reviewer suggested.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RoadSavvy

Reviewed March 1, 2014

For $150 go to the Loews where you will get a really nice room. This place is the same price and absolutely awful. We have one window 1m wide looking at a construction site, 1970s furnishings and a 1950s toilet. The artwork is missing from the walls but the hooks are still left hanging, and the office desk area is scraped and chipped. The bathroom is tiny. I just saw a comment "overpriced college dorm" which I actually think is overly kind. When I called to complain and compare to the Loews I got "this is the rate and yes our rooms are a bit smaller and the manager is not back until Monday". I am going to be really upset if I don't get some kind of money back. I wouldn't expect to pay more than a $50 hostel for this.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank My_trip_feedback
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights for business at UPenn. The hotel is located within walking distance to the university, train station, and shopping district. There is also a handy bus stop a block away.

I stayed in the club room. While it was smaller than a typical hotel room in the US, it was by no means cramped with plenty of space for luggage and doing work at the well equipped desk. Bathroom was a bit utilitarian, though shower was very nice and there were Gilcrest & Soames soaps. Very clean and has fairly upscale feel (except bathroom). Bed was comfortable, though bed sheet was not properly tucked in either night.

Hotel has nice amenities for business travelers, including nice desk, free water, free espresso in lobby, fresh fruit in lobby, free wifi, free printing, and delivery from nearby restaurants. Staff was friendly and helpful, though gave me wrong directions to bus stop. Would stay again and recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank M N
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The staff here was great. My train arrived really early in the morning and I was doing work in the lobby. The staff on hand allowed me to check in to my room early so I could prepare and change for an interview I had in the early afternoon.

Staff and location make this hotel ideal if you are in the area. The neighborhood is safe and close enough to alot of good restaurants that you do not need a car or cab to get around.

Room Tip: If it is a big deal to you, ask ahead of time for a room with a window. My room did not have a wind...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BriR2016
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Small rooms are fine but the dated and dirty carpets and bedding covers are not. No hot water on the second day of a two day stay. Desk staff not very experienced - they have minimal knowledge of the city and just are not well versed re customer service (desk staff insisted I was in room 1102, attempting to charge me for an extra night only realizing their mistake after a ten minute exchange).

Expensive and dingy property.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank velo007
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stay at this hotel for work at least once a week. the rooms are clean, the location is PERFECT to everything downtown and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful
I have become friends with Michael and Ajia and Joe, all from the front desk. great assests.

Room Tip: my least favorite floor is the 3rd floor, but all the rest are pretty much the same. The rooms are...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank lundeen56
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The lower lobby is a bit sketchy. A couple got mugged there late last night. Look over your shoulder before going inside so you don't get trapped.

Otherwise the place is ok. The security cards are annoying because you have to use them on the elevators and you are often taken for ab unwanted ride.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheDudeMightAbide
CQPH, General Manager at Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

I am very concerned that this guest did not feel safe in our lobby. Security is our top priority, which is why we require key cards to access our guest room floors. We did respond to an incident that occurred between two guests in our lower lobby and are embarrassed to learn it may have affected this guest’s stay. I encourage anyone with concerns about this matter to contact me directly at 215-282-5002.

Respectfully,