“Delayed Check-in, slowest elevators ever, but great location.”

Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia
Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delayed Check-in, slowest elevators ever, but great location.”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We arrived an hour and a half after the check-in time to find our room was not yet available. When the room was ready, we got our keycards and waited five minutes for an elevator to arrive, the keycards did not work and another five minutes later we boarded the elevator down and they recoded our room keys so that they worked, and we waited another five minute wait for the elevator.

The room was a shoebox and smelled of chlorine. No fan in the bathroom, and walls like paper. Big HD screens on the wall that deliver cable stations in a quality you'd expect from the 1980s.

I'll forgive the amenities for its location and the staff, because they seemed almost over-eager to please. A call to the front desk and 20 minutes later we had extra pillows (no doubt they were waiting for the elevator).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Mike and joe at the front desk set the tone for my whole stay as soon as I arrived. Just goes to show good people are out there and will take care of you. This hotel is close to lots of places to eat and shop.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel. It was under construction which was off-putting when I arrived. The staff were very friendly, and the lobby has a great vibe that feels like home. I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. My first room was not clean. The manager was accommodating and upgraded my room. My second room was a little better but not nearly as impeccable as the level of other hotels that I use on a frequent basis. I did have room service from the Davios restaurant at the hotel, and it was fabulous. The free snacks, drinks, and WiFi were also a plus. Overall, it was a good hotel. They just need to invest a little more time into the details of their rooms.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ANashMelendez
Dallas
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed here in the late 2000's I believe around 2007. I have stayed in other Club Quarters as well in Washington DC. Always well located business mans type hotel. I was traveling in for a family gathering with a lot of us traveling in, hence the need for the hotel rather than staying with a relative which I usually do. I travel to Philly on a regular basis, one of my favourite cities anywhere. Not a fancy hotel, but very clean with wifi and the amenities I need. Located right in the heart of Center City Philadelphia, so perfect for access to the rest of town, transportation, whatever. Very reasonably priced and as much or as little service as you require from the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you don't mind a room without a lot of space, this is the place to go if you're visiting Philly. Right in the middle of Center City on Chestnut street. Friendly staff, GREAT location close to everything you would want to do in Philly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I stay here quite a bit when in Philadelphia and am always amazed at the staff assembled... Absolutely a hidden gem..Unbelievably wonderful staff, very good location, and decent rooms. Highly recommend. The only improvement would be a better fitness center.

I

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Koovi
Saint James, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I picked Club Quarters because I was able to get a nice hotel for a nice price especially being in the city. I was very pleased with the staff and the service of the hotel! It had a very nice room and I absolutely loved the stand up shower! I also loved the location. Being able to walk everywhere was a nice plus and exercise! The free tea and coffee was also a nice bonus. Even though I don't drink coffee, It was nice to be able to drink my tea all the time! Overall a lovely hotel. Michael at the front desk was also a great help and very patient with us. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the city for an affordable price! It was nice to be able to go away with my boyfriend and not spend a fortune!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple