“Great hotel”

Ranked #11 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Great hotel”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Excellent location near Rittenhouse Square. Rooms are smallish, but cozy. Management couldn't be nicer or more accommodating. Great snacks in the evening - cappuccino machine, m&ms, biscotti - and Davio's Restaurant (the hotel restaurant/bar in the lobby) is absolutely terrific.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 20, 2013

excellent location, friendly staff, I had a smallish but clean and modern room.
great amenities (cappuccino machine! cookies, working free WIFI etc..) I was only disappointed by the poor noise insulation (in spite of the 9th floor you could hear the street well, being in front of the elevator you could also appreciate whenever a guest was "landing" to the floor.
In general a positive stay.
Breakfast at the restaurant was excellent and properly price, albeit a bit slow.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This has a " in town" feel in the hopping district of Philly. They have cozey comfort rooms, a warm living room lobby with nice snacks and coffee, and a very attentive staff.Julie on the front desk was very helpful with tips in town and directions.

• Stayed November 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Staff really, really friendly and may I add, a very good looking staff as well! (Guys and gals alike!) Was not a big fan of this hotel. The lobby was really nice so I thought the room would be just as nice as well...not really. Dated for sure. Walls are thin. Heard my neighbor all night, just like Im sure they heard me! Good fitness center, though I didn't have time to work out in there, it was busy! Mall across the way. Parking across the street under the mall. $24 a day. You have to get a ticket from the parking deck and then have the hotel staff validate it to get the 24$ a day rate. Short walk to plenty of great restaurants and lounges! I have stayed at a bunch of CQ's before and this was my least fav location...Its not bad, just not the best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The rooms are small, but the staff and little extras make up for it. The lobby is large and comfortable. There's a coffee and espresso station and they put out nice snacks for happy hour and breakfast foods in the morning. The fitness center also exceeded expectations. It was large with several free weights, lots of televisions, and several treadmills and bikes. The rooms are pretty small, but the high ceilings and well-placed furniture made them very convenient. The bed was incredibly comfortable, but what really made this stay great was the staff. I stayed here for a week, and every time I went in or out I was greeted by staff. They did everything they could to make my stay enjoyable. The even brought up a white noise machine so I could sleep better.
The location was also really convenient. It was very close to a lot of shops and restaurants and everything was within walking distance. The restaurant was also very tasty and had a lot of options to choose from.
I would definitely stay here again when visiting Center City Philly

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 15, 2013

So, I order Room Service Dinner from a nearby indian restaurant (they offer this beside their own Davio's Rest. ) for me and my 5 y/o daughter. The restaurant didn't have milk, so I call the front desk, and ALTHOUGH they didn't have either, JOE at the front desk offered to go to the corner Deli and buy the milk. He wouldn't take a tip nor the money for the milk purchase. This is what you call PRICELESS !

On a separate note in the lobby they have Amaretto cookies, bottled sodas, single-serve coffee machine, fruits and others for free ! And finally we ate yesterday at Davio's, it is pricey but I felt it was worth it. More of an adult rather than a family place but good drinks and gourmet food.

Room Tip: I got excellent rates making my reservation online.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I flew into Philly from Vegas for the first time and didn't know what to expect. I LOVE this city! Michael was at the front desk and greeted me with such enthusiasm! I immediately was happy with my choice of hotels. I travel a lot for business and I am used to the front desk staff having polite manners but it is rare to have such a genuine vivacious person greeting you and making you excited to visit their city. Yes, as everyone has said there is coffee and bottles of fresh water and snacks including fresh fruit. Also a gym and a restaurant that is easily accessible. The room was just right for one person, maybe it would seem small for two but I was very comfortable. The bed was large and comfy so were the pillows! I occasionally like to soak in a bath and there was only a shower but I really didn't mind. There was a refrigerator and a microwave and a flat screen TV with a desk that was large enough to do my paperwork each day, that was nice! The first morning I didn't know if I would drive or take a cab to my work but when I saw everyone walking I was thrilled! I put the address in my GPS and walked the .2 miles to work. I had never experienced walking in the city with so many people walking as well! I had only seen this on TV and it was such a great experience, I smiled all the way to work every single morning of my week stay! You do have to park in a parking garage just half a block up from the hotel and truthfully I never took my car out of the garage. Michael validated my parking ticket which gives you a 30% discount off of your fee. For the week it would have been $200 but it brought it down to $140 so I was so appreciative that he shared this with me. It really didn't dawn on me that Michael would be there the next evening when I came in from work but there he was and he remembered my name! LOL! This became our evening routine, he would say good evening Miss Hennessy how was your day at work and I would smile and tell him it was fine. He would then ask me what I was going to do for the evening and asked if he could point me in a certain direction and he always had a map close by circling points of interest and giving me direction. We came to the conclusion that I would not be enjoying the usual tourist attractions because they would be closed by the time I got off of work which was around 5:30 or so. So he told me to just enjoy the city and I am glad I took his advise. I just walked! I would go up a few blocks and then over a few blocks so I wouldn't get turned around. It was amazing all the people on the streets at all hours of the day and night and all of the restaurants and bars and shopping! Michael had mentioned going to a Jazz bar that was only a couple blocks away and so I wanted to try that, live music...yes! Aja, another staff member that was really nice and helpful suggested Chris' Jazz Cafe because it was a little closer for my walk. OMG! I spent the next three evening there! The customers were nice and it was easy to join in conversations. The bar tenders were funny and outgoing and the music was great! All in all my stay was one of my favorites! Philly was great and Michael made my stay really nice! When you are alone in a city where you don't know anyone it can be quite lonely and boring. Michael was the one person I looked forward to seeing every evening after work and he always had great suggestions of places for me to go and visit. The hotel was nice and comfortable and close to EVERYTHING! I want to go back to Philly and take my husband with me! The place we will stay when we visit will be Club Quarters and I really hope Michael will still be there!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business