We made reservations just a few weeks before we checked in, drove there and reserved parking - parking is not free.
One major problem, seemed to be common, plastic card/keys did not work, in elevator, or for room entry, and we had to be rekeyed five times , that's five times in 15 minutes, then twice after dinner. this was frustrating at first, then was a joke, and then finally corrected.
The lobby is on the second floor, there is no entrance from the street and parking to unload luggage is a real pain. After unloading, if there are two of you, and there are NO bell hops at all, one must drive around the corner to park in a underground garage, and then walk back to the hotel, or park, then drag your bags back to the hotel. Get the parking receipt validated for hotels discount at once, then check in. The reverse is the same, only, you drag your own luggage to the garage.
The lobby is nothing to brag about, décor wise, there is a snack bar, complimentary for guests, we never went to it, and beyond it are the two cramped elevators. The lobby has a huge skylight, which was nice, and some comfy chairs.
Our room was sort of dark, even with lights on. TV some stations came in clearly, others fuzzy- TV small, not LCD or plasma, stuck high on the wall. No real desk, only one night table, no fridge and NO SAFE, no real closet. Bath small but very nice, like a cruise ships bathroom. Bath amenities are Gilchrist and Soames, a chic label, nice quality. USA made!
In the hall next to one of the two elevators are free never used plastic bottles to fill with iced filtered water, nice. There is a linen closet to get more pillows and blankets from, complimentary. Ice and ice buckets on 12th floor only. Here when you want room cleaning, you call the desk. No waiting for clean towels or dirty trays in the hall. nice room service food menus.
All told, for a low rate, room and hotel ok.
The star here, DAVIOS, the excellent restaurant, a branch from the famed one in Boston, we had full breakfast here once, continental twice (only continental on weekends), and I must say, that for a continental breakfast, at $10.00 each, it was way better than most offered in higher end hotels for a much higher price. The full breakfast was excellent, truly first rate in every respect.
We had dinner at DAVIOS twice it was so wonderful, and the cocktails were exceptional, exceptional and fairly reasonable wine list as well.
A little comparo- we had one dinner at hotel Soffitel, in their "fine" restaurant, and it was way over priced, the drinks were lousy, the food not very good and the service stunk. And the lobby and bar and restaurant there was filled with fruit flies. Not nice at all.
We will stay at Club Quarters again, it is really a good deal, and DAVIOS is the greatest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia is a newly renovated full service hotel designed for business travelers. Located in the heart of the city's business district and within walking distance of many cultural and historical attractions including Rittenhouse Square, Antique Row and the Academy of Natural Sciences. Adjacent to Liberty Place with over 70 unique boutiques and restaurants and easily accessible to the convention center. Its restaurant and bar, Davio's, serves delicious Northern Italian cuisine. All Club Quarters Hotels provide: • Free high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the hotel • Instant registration and check-out • Club Living Room - an inviting lounge for working, meeting, socializing and relaxing • Free unlimited chilled bottled water • Greater security with keycard access to guest room floors • Restaurant and Bar • Fitness room with cardio equipment and weights • Meeting rooms and office space available • Guest Request Closets on every floor containing extra pillows, blankets and amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quarters Hotel Philadelphia
- Club Quarters Philadelphia