This was one of the worst hotel check in experiences I had. I user priceline.com to book this hotel and found out this is indeed three and half stars hotel as per priceline.com. I checked in on 3/31 with a check out for 4/1 and room number # 615. At the desk, the executive mentioned that they have booked us for a club room. A club room is a miniature room having a common entry door with adjoining club room. We were shocked and extremely disappointed by the room. The TV was close to the bathroom and now way can e seen from the bed. In a nutshell, the size of the room was equal to the elevator hallway. Difficult for the bed to sleep a couple.
Talking about the experience. My wife and me came at the check in desk and were told about the room size and type. We were shocked to know that that they are not giving us the standard room (all priceline customers get at least a standard room). They asked for a $10 upgrade fee, which is completely unethical.
We entered the room and found the room unsuitable for two people to stay and went down and immediately returned the keys. Disappointed with Priceline for considering this hotel a three and half stars, which cannot provide a standard room to a couple.
We went down and asked about our dissatisfaction with room and asked at least provide us a standard room. They did not budge and we simply dropped the keys & moved out. My question to the management is if your hotel is empty since it is the Easter Sunday Night, why cant you provide better rooms? It is not a question of $10, but a major question mark to the customer service focus of this hotel. First time I am hearing better rooms remain unoccupied in favor of bad/small rooms.
Avoid staying here. It is not a friendly and customer oriented hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia is a newly renovated full service hotel designed for business travelers. Located in the heart of the city's business district and within walking distance of many cultural and historical attractions including Rittenhouse Square, Antique Row and the Academy of Natural Sciences. Adjacent to Liberty Place with over 70 unique boutiques and restaurants and easily accessible to the convention center. Its restaurant and bar, Davio's, serves delicious Northern Italian cuisine. All Club Quarters Hotels provide: • Free high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the hotel • Instant registration and check-out • Club Living Room - an inviting lounge for working, meeting, socializing and relaxing • Free unlimited chilled bottled water • Greater security with keycard access to guest room floors • Restaurant and Bar • Fitness room with cardio equipment and weights • Meeting rooms and office space available • Guest Request Closets on every floor containing extra pillows, blankets and amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quarters Hotel Philadelphia
- Club Quarters Philadelphia