“Great way to plan your visit”
Review of Big Bus Tours

and up
Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour
Ranked #9 of 75 Tours in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Most popular Hop-On Hop-Off tour in the city of Philadelphia. Enjoy our 27 stops throughout the city, which are close to over 100 attractions. The tours are also live guided with Big Bus Certified tour guides. The tour has frequent departures from the N.E. Corner of 5th and Market Streets. (Operated year round) Peak Season hours 9:30 to 6:30 PM (last tour departs 5 PM.) Philly by Night 90 minute fully narrated city tour covering the Art Museum to the Waterfront. 8 PM. Departures Nightly from 12th.and Filbert Street. Night tours operate, seasonally, May 1 thru October 31.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've been to Philadelphia many times for business but recently went for a weekend to see my son. I took this tour to get an idea of spots I may want to spend some time at while there. This tour provided enough ideas for this and future trips to the city of brotherly love.Like most tours the experience is as good as your guide. If you can get on when Kyle is the guide you will not be disappointed. Working with the diver Shela, numerous points of interest were seen and described. I was amassed with the dates and facts Kyle knew including sharing myths I learned as a school child, such as whether Betsy Ross actually created our first flag and the Italian heritage of Christofer Columbus.Overall a great way to see many sites Philadelphia has to offer and a great way to get around the city for a day.

Jim M, Manager at Big Bus Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2015

Thank you for taking your time to review our company. We hope to see you in the city again and maybe try some of our other tours. We are always updating tours and creating new experiences for our visitors. Your feedback is what makes us grow and learn thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I decided to go on this tour because I was in Philadelphia only for one day. I did many bus tours I other cities but this one was terrible. It goes too fast, it's more like a bus ride than a bus tour. There are no possibility to really enjoy the city and take pictures. I'd go for another tour or discover the city on your way if I were you.

1  Thank Nora C
Jim M, Manager at Big Bus Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2016

Hi Nora C,
Thank You for taking the time to review Big Bus Philadelphia. I am sorry that our tour did not meet the same standards that you experience in other cities. Our drivers are instructed to take it slow so that our guests can take pictures, because we did not do this I apologize. If you are coming back to Philadelphia and would like to give us another shot please reach out to me directly at info@phillytour.com and I will personally make sure you have a better experience.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Due to stage 4 cancer I can't walk for long periods of time so the bus tour was the best option for us and it was fantastic!! Almost two hours long and you see the entire city with all kinds of historical information about everything. My 11 year old loved it and sitting on top in the open. Reasonably priced and worth every penny. You can also get on and off -- the pass is good for 24 hours.

1  Thank pat e

Thank you for taking the time to review Big Bus Philadelphia. Your positive and detailed review of our tour is very valuable for our company. We are very happy you had a great experience. Please take our tour again when you come back to Philadelphia!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We chose this company after reading other reviews on TA. We could have gone with a coupon with another company but chose to pay full price for this company instead. So glad we did. They were excellent. And the ticket was good for 24 hours. Not just the day of purchase. Nice added feature.

Thank you for taking the time to review Big Bus Philadelphia. There really is no better way to see the amazing city of Philadelphia. We pride ourselves in working very hard to provide the best tour possible every time we leave stop #1 and we appreciate you noticing our efforts. When you come back to Philadelphia please ride our tour again!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was in Philadelphia for a conference and had very little free time but I did want to take the time to see some part of the city, but I didn't want to walk everywhere. Because of these constraints I opted to try the bus tour. Its a little pricey at $27, but its worth it if you don't have a lot of time.

My guide was knowledgeable, and you can get on and off at any one of 21 stops, every half hour. From my judgement they really do well with the half hour commitment. I managed to see everything from Rodin's The Thinker from the bus itself to getting off at the art museum and seeing the Rocky Statue and walk up the famous steps. I enjoyed the trip on the bus around the rest of the city seeing things I would never have seen otherwise, and got off again at Independence Center to see the Liberty Bell and and environs. After that, I got back on and completed my circuit without a hitch.

For people with children in tow and more time it does stop at the Children's museum if that helps! I had several people get off there with children in tow.

1  Thank spinal77

Thank you for taking the time to review Big Bus Philadelphia. Writing a review on tripadvisor means so much for our company, and we cannot thank you enough. Everyone here at Big Bus appreciates great reviews like yours, because it helps future guests plan their next visit to Philly. Hopefully thanks to your review more guests will choose the Big Bus and see Philly in the best way possible.