“The TRUE Philly Cheesesteak”
Review of Larry's Steaks

Larry's Steaks
Ranked #466 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Shawnee, Kansas
“The TRUE Philly Cheesesteak”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

There are all kind of Philly Cheesesteak places in Philadelphia and surrounding area. Most are hyped up tourest traps. NOT Larry's. This cheesteak is genuine as is the staff. If you are not just real certain just what you want in a cheesesteak, ask the person at the order counter. They will help you order it just like you want it.

• Visited February 2013

Warrenton, Virginia
“Excellent cheesesteak!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had been telling my friend about how good a Philly Cheesesteak could be. The first place we had one, at Reading Terminal, did not impress him. We went here after attending the Sigur Ros concert at the Mann Center...and I finally won him over. The cheesesteak was full of meat, hot peppers, pepperoni and a little tomato sauce. It was great!

• Visited July 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Excellent Food; Dingy Environment”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I must say the food was exceptional, BUT I cringed while the lady prepared my Phili Cheesesteak while eating her own. The only reason I didn't complain is because my husband asked me to "chill." I appreciate that the cook and preparer (person who put the vegetables on the sub) used gloves. But again, what difference does it make if you're also using them while eating your own food. Nevertheless, the cheesesteak (with fried onions and sweet peppers) was by far the best I've eaten.

Visited May 2012
Philadelphia
“Best cheese steaks in Philly”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Way better than Jims and better services. The meat is very good. Not over cooked and flavorless. They give you a lot of meat.

San Diego
“Best Cheesesteak in Philly”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

OK- I don't know if it's the best cheesesteak in Philly. I haven't tasted that many. It is, though, the best I have ever had anywhere. My daughter graduated from Villanova and whenever we visited her, we always went to Larry's at least once. It's so much better than it's more famous competition. They aren't worth it if you're staying in the neighborhood. Larry's is worth the drive.

• Visited May 2011