“Cool Vibe...But Pricey”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walnut Street between 11th and 12th
Transit: Easily accessible from the Broad Street Line - Walnut/Locust stop, or the Market Frankford Line (The El) - 11th Street stop.
Description: Early American era saloon and dining. Devoted to heirloom American cuisine, classically derived cocktails, and European & American craft beer. Enjoy our euro and domestic charcuterie, including house-made sausages, along with locally sourced food and field game.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have been trying to get this place for the past year. I finally made it!! I enjoyed the decor and decided to sit at the bar. I liked the old barrel tables, the staff's outfits and the dimly lit environment.

I was just here for drinks and luckily that's all because they were PRICEY!! You are definitely paying for the fresh ingredients being used, but geez between me and a friend, our bill was close to $80 with about 2-3 drinks each.

The raid appears to still looming over the staff and the establishment. It wasn't crowded and the staff was quick to share the details about the ongoing situation plaguing the bar.

My suggestions - start out with a drink - if you are on a date...then quickly move along to your next destination.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I come here every time I’m in Philadelphia. It was s slow Saturday night but the food wad delicious as usual. I had the lamb, as well as the flat iron steak. Service was excellent!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

By far one of the worst meals I have had in Philadelphia. I had the rabbit, it was overcooked and tasted like charcoal. Everything was thrown on the plate and looked like no one cares. My husband had the quail, it was over cooked and dry. My friend's ribs were tasteless. The chocolate dessert tasted like a Tasty Cake, that may sound good, but not for eight dollars. For the price, we felt like we were completely taken advantage of. If you have to go here to experience it yourself, sit at the bar and get a drink, then go. Only redeeming factor was that our server Kyle was funny. Thanks Kyle, the night would have been a failure without you.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We visited here for restaurant week and while we choose to go there because of their different menu selection, we found they were trying just a little too hard. Their menu consists of what they call farm fresh items and are a little more rustic with duck, rabbit and venison.

Unfortunately, the main courses were just too over the top or done up. The flavors just didn't mix well and it seemed the veggies/starches served with the protein were fighting each other for the main stage. In our opinion, they just didn't compliment each other on the plate.

The drink menu is fairly extensive and the appetizers were good, but we wouldn't go back.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I went to the Farmers Cabinet during restaurant week. We got there at 4:30 and they allowed us to go to our table and warm up even through the kitchen did not open until 5:00. How wonderful is that, it was about 15 degrees and I was half frozen, most places would make you sit by the door. The waiter was so friendly, and attentive. The appetizers were wonderful. The only reason they got four stars instead of five was because the desserts were not that good. They had an extensive beer collection which excited my husband. The place was unique in a good way. I will go back, had a great time.