“Lovely restaurant”
Review of Talula's Garden

Talula's Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
Plano, Texas
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Lovely restaurant. Beautiful atmosphere! If you are looking for something different, this is a wonderful place to dine. We had Sunday brunch and the food was awesome. I had a chicken streusel Portions are small, but yummy. Great out door patio dining also .

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jan4000

• Korean first
“The best thing I ever ate”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I have read many reviews and written several and I don't freely give out praise; except when it is due. Ate here on a Saturday for anniversary dinner. We were seated promptly with a reservation (recommended) to a quiet table in the corner with a low noise level. We were greeted by Corey (who was outstanding the entire evening) and given ample opportunity to review the drink menu before ever looking at the dinner menu. My wife ordered a specialty drink which she thoroughly enjoyed. We each had a 3 course meal with adequate spacing throughout. I had the rabbit sausage pappardelle which was quite possibly one of the best dishes that I have ever eaten. The scallops, gnocchi and lamb tabbouleh were spectacular. The ambiance was wonderful (ate inside). Desserts were carefully crafted and of perfect size to complement the meal. As was the french press coffee. I will surely return to one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia. A must stop for fine dining if you find yourself in the area.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Travelforfun W
“Brunch for Lovers!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Exquisite from beginning to end! Garden seating on a spectacular sunny Sunday. Excellent service, amazing food. Don't miss the fried donuts on huckleberry sauce! Omelette with spinach, fresh ham, pepper jack cheese with potatoes to die for. Definitely coming back.

NJ
“Amazing food, atmosphere, and staff!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Celebrated my b-day dinner here in April and had a wonderful experience all around.
The food was amazing from the mini-buttered brioche buns, to the entrees, to desserts. I had a scallop dish with ingredients that I would never think to pair together. Everything was so fresh and yummy. The menu changes monthly/seasonly. Our waitress was amazing and the rest of the staff and managers were also very friendly. It's rare that I go to a restaurant and EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING!!!! I will be going again soon. If you want to go at prime time, make reservations at least a month in advance. There's an adorable garden outside as well. I hear it fills up fast, so get there early since the tables in the garden are first come, first serve.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jaclyn W
Dover, New Hampshire
“Very nice experience - 2nd tier though, not 1st”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Went here with friends as I'm not familiar with the Philly dining scene and this was ranked very highly. First, the atmosphere is great. It's casual yet upscale, intimate yet has a social scene. I was immediately impressed with the lighting, the table presentation, and the menu. That being said, we ordered our first round of drinks and the waitress brought my friend's rhubarb martini and explained while leaving the table that they ran out of rhubarb. Then we ordered the cheese plate based on our server's recommendation of the truffle cheese, which we learned was not available AFTER they served the cheese! The server seemed entirely nonplussed about the errors but then brought a complimentary round of champagne, which made things smoother. The food itself is very good. Not great. The halibut was dry, the gnocchi's consistency was off, but the scallops were excellent. I would absolutely recommend the restaurant but probably try something else when I come back to Philly again.

• Visited May 2014