“Fabulous food. Great service.”
Review of Talula's Garden

Talula's Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 4,403 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
New York City
“Fabulous food. Great service.”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This restaurant had been recommended to us from someone who lives here and it exceeded our expectations. The food was superb and the service was extraordinary. The chef flavors and imaginative combinations hit the mark . We will come back from NYC just to eat at this restaurant.

• Korean first
Pennsylvania
“Overated and Overpriced”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Attended a wedding celebration dinner for 11 on a Thursday. When I arrived with my wife, the restaurant was not crowded (it was shortly after 5.) Our drink orders were not taken until after 5:30, our dinner orders until nearly 6. From that point on, dinner (appetizers to dessert) arrived over a period of nearly an hour and a half. The food was good but unremarkable and the portions very small. By the time dessert was finished, our coffee had yet to arrive. We had to stop a passing waiter to finally get the coffee. The bill for the dinner came to over $1400 9O (over $125 a piece) At that price, I expect better food and much better service. There are many better options in Philadelphia for dinner.

1 Thank BucksCountyWanderer
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“Unique & exciting!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Wow – this place is great. Yes, it's expensive, but it's food worth paying for. Lots of stinky cheeses to try, the brioche was superb, and both of our entrees were overflowing with various flavors, perfectly blended together. Save up for a special night and then go there!

Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Has this place lost a little? (Good, not Very Good)”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Or, maybe it's because we sat inside?

I kind of feel like the magic is dwindling at this charming restaurant. Do not get me wrong, our meal was fine. Better than fine. But it was not an "OMG WOW" dining experience as I recall our other visits being.

We dined on a Monday night - a busy Monday night. Our server was courteous and helpful. My husband and friend both enjoyed their entrees. I had a salad and three veggie sides, which again, were just fine. Both of my dining companions liked their desserts as well.

Perhaps since I have given up cheese - the magic was missing.

With so many dining options, not sure we will hurry back.

Middletown, Pennsylvania
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was disappointed after I left this place. I had heard nothing but rave reviews prior to coming here for dinner recently. Maybe my expectations were too high? Don't get me wrong, the food was good, but I was expecting more. The cheese tray was very well done. The entree's were good, but that is where I was expecting more. While the flavors were good, they did not "WOW" me. I am not one to complain about price vs quality, as long as I feel it is worth it, but I did not feel it was worth it this time.