“Great pick for special occasions!”
Review of Talula's Garden

Talula's Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 4,610 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I like to keep my reviews simple. We came here to celebrate our anniversary and had a wonderful meal and wonderful time. We did the tasting menu which for me ...was expensive...but was also a great sampling of food....we were also not rushed at all...which is something I was worried about. I didn't do the wine pairings on principle...I will never find wine prices in restaurants to be acceptable. My wife had a tasty cocktail for around 11 dollars...and again...for me...I just think its a bit over the top...but I know that's become a standard for a drinks in a nice restaurant. So aside from that...Talulas had me at hello! Note: the tasting menu includes a cheese plate....just something to keep in mind....we ordered one before ordering the tasting because we just didn't realize....luckily...we both love cheese...and these cheeses are phenomenal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Lovely setting to this restaurant, we sat in the garden, which is this lovely outside courtyard space in the middle of the city - and enjoyed the cheese plates and the wine we brought with us (corkage is a bit pricey here at 25.00 per bottle!) but then the main courses arrived; my husband ordered the berkshire pork chop that arrive in this deconstructed state (unexpected) and our blue fish entree's with gnocchi were just okay - gnocchi were hard and sitting in a overseasoned sauce and the fish was just so-so - disappointing. The desserts were good as well as the press pot coffee - the moral of the story appetizers and desserts at this location - don't bother with the overpriced main course - it is not worth it.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Everything is so amazing here that I try not to eat the day I'm going. Their drinks are delicious, desserts decadant. Try a cheese course. You won't regret it.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The dinner here was everything we expected it to be. The food was excellent; both the trout and the small filet were done beautifully. This restaurant has great ambiance and the service was excellent. Of special note is the cheese menu, consisting of a number of selections served like a wine tasting “flight” – five or six cheeses within a theme - we had the “Summer Love”. Perfect as an appetizer for two or with coffee at the end of the meal!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a great restaurant. Organic delights and combinations rarely found in such an edible way. The restaurant has a large and eclectic inside area leaving you warm and cozy while still being exposed to the fairy tale outdoor garden area. The tasting menu was plentiful without feeling gorged. The attention to detail in each dish was like finding little hidden treasures. I would definitely return!