“best Brunch we can remember, ever”
Review of Talula's Garden

Talula's Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 4,466 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Something magical about the food in this place. Flavors of fresh things like Carrot, Melon, Mint come bursting through.Eggs like Eggs should be. an Elderflower reduction transported us to a Meadow.
Portions are not overwhelming, so you can feel fine ordering a starter to share and an entree each.
were seated in the Bar area; main room would have been cozier.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Had been looking forward to brunch here for some time. Was so happy to have gotten to dine here this past Sunday! I wish it had been warmer to sit in their amazing garden area. Inside was well appointed and relaxing. I was worried the staff would be pretentious based on locale and pricing, but that couldn't have been farther from truth. I had the cornmeal hot cakes with bananas foster and candied walnuts. Delicious! I will say I thought drink prices were steep for a Sunday brunch, $12 for a Bloody Mary??? I would go again, would like to try dinner or lunch menu on a beautiful warm day.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was a special Easter outing and it was wonderful. Even though the day was dreary, the outside garden seating looked beautiful and we can't wait to come back for some outdoor dining when the weather will be nicer.
The interior of the restaurant is beautiful with very high ceilings, spacious yet cozy seating and very whimsical artwork. The staff is friendly and plentiful and the decor is a wonderful patchwork of antique silverware and china.
But as this is a restaurant, this is, of course, all about the food - and it's fabulous. From the beautiful artisanal cheeses over the sophisticated staples to the wonderful dessert menu, everything sounded and tasted fabulous. We started with the cheese platter (yes, I know you're supposed to finish with that, but it sounded just to good not to start with). We picked the not your Granny's cheese platter and the pairings were beautiful. Roasted hazelnuts, quince, honey and caramel all served to complement some truly special cheeses. The bread basket was delicious as well and so was the amuse-bouche which consisted of a nice buttery, herbed brioche. My main course was a beef brisket in a wine reduction. While it was very high in acidity, with some nice notes of citrus, that was well balanced by the velvety mash. Some nice root veggies rounded out the dish. Unfortunately, we had no room left for dessert, but we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had chosen Talula's Garden based on the reviews here and the proximity to the theater. We were so happy we did! The atmosphere is very welcome and warm; the service pleasant. I had the lamb confit, which was just melt-in-your-mouth delicious. My wife had the brisket that was tender, but still had a good mouth feel and great color on the outside. We also got two sides of mushrooms and beets, both which were fabulous and fresh. It was way too much food because we started with one of the cheese platters. They had several different cheese platters to start with and the one we chose was "Not Your Granny's Cheese Platter." It certainly was not! It was a terrific assortment of cheeses and accompaniments. Talula's boasts of using fresh, local ingredients and it shows in the dishes. When we went, it was cold and raining, but we plan on going back when the weather is nice as the outside garden looks beautiful!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my brunch here on a Sunday afternoon, as did my counter part! The space and layout are fantastic. It's a change from the usual and exudes a warm and inviting feel! The service and food were wonderful and I would absolutely recommend this place to others. It is one of the better Starr restaurants.