“Yuuuummmmmyyyyy!!!”
Review of Talula's Garden

Talula's Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am writing this review basically because I just bought the new issue of Philadelphia (50 best restaurants issues) and was APPALLED that they listed this amazing restaurants as #49!!! Have they completely lost their minds?
I am fortunate enough to have traveled all over the world and this one of my all time favorite places to eat. In Philadelphia it is definitely in my top 3 favorites.
I Love it!!!!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place I found by accident, a tiny hidden gerden on the square that was just classy enough but not too much to be overly formal. Took my husband here for his birthday and he loved it. The seasonal cheese plate is well worth it. I would go again definately! Sit outside in the garden in good weather its worth it.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Four friends enjoyed our dinners. The Lemon Glazed Scallops were tender and succulent. The Nantucket Bay Scallops were so nice and sweet. They were nicely paired with a delicious pasta. I was not sure I would like the swordfish because it was lightly seared but when I tried it I found it delightful. I am glad I didn't send it back for further cooking. The desserts were fantastic!

Our server, Lindsey, was delightful. She was attentive without rushing us. One of our party chose the special ribeye steak which he found to be less tender than he expected. He said the flavor was very good though. Lindsey told the general manager, Jenny. Jenny promptly came to our table. She was very eager to make everything right.

We all agreed we would definitely return to Talula's garden.

1  Thank goseedox2
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went there for my parents' 59th anniversary and from the minute we walked in the staff wished them a happy one. The menu had combinations we had never imagined but oh it was so delectable. Everything we had was great. Mom had the bay scallop appetizer. Terrific! Dad got the duck! Excellent. I had the chicken. Tender and tasty. My husband had the brisket and he raved about it. We also got the carrots and the Brussels sprouts in maple sauce with cheese and both were really great. We had the creme brûlée, chocolate plate, and apple pie. All were amazing. They made up a plate of hard cheese for my husband and it was delicious. They even had Happy Anniversary written on both my parents' dessert plates in chocolate and each had a candle to blow out. The atmosphere was pleasant and there were several large tables that could accommodate a large party. Children were present and welcome as well. The prices were surprisingly reasonable. Can't wait to return in spring for brunch and to sit in the garden.

1  Thank dblivy
Reviewed December 25, 2012

In the tradition of Alice Waters, this farm fresh, locavore haven is worth every penny - seared diver scallops, braised lamb belly, foie gras, duck breast, definitely great food