“Skip talula s garden”
Review of Talula's Garden

Talula's Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 4,491 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Beautiful oasis restaurant in old town. Refreshing cocktails. Recommend cheese tray to start. First time here we dined on butternut raviolis app, Lancaster chicken,striped bass, and lamb special. All I can say it was all fantastic! Chocolate parade and ricotta doughnuts yum! I want to go back in the spring for outdoor terrace next time. Highly recommend this Philly restaurant. One of the bests!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Went to Talula's Garden for my birthday and was so impressed. Each room is decorated differently giving each large room a unique feel. The high ceilings made it feel open and it was surprisingly not too loud. We LOVED the cheese plate! There are a bunch to choose from and the cheese was just amazing. We tried a bunch of different dishes and each one was excellent. It is a fun and lively place for a group. But also an intimate and romantic place for a date. Nice bar area where you can have a drink. Awesome place! Will be back!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great atmosphere, excellent service. fabulous food. A little noisy but not overbearing. Pricey. Overall great fun.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Loved it. This was one of the best brunches I've had in awhile, if not ever. This isn't your traditional eggs benedict spot or a place to get $6 eggs with meat and potato. It is, instead, an experience from beginning to end. The atmosphere is casual and inviting yet sophisticated. The service was top notch, not stuffy, and very attentive to water and coffee glasses the entire time. A key to quality service is the top-off of coffee after you've signed the check; our water and coffee remained fully attended-to until we left.

I had the Fresh Baked Biscuits & Gravy with pan fried lamb sausage, tomato “gravy”, and spicy hot pepper jam. Phenomenal. I could eat this every weekend. The biscuits were a touch dryer than I would have normally preferred on their own, but they worked perfectly well with the gravy and jam. This is one of those dishes that you will crave and I hope it doesn't disappear off the menu. The garden brunch with seared scallops and a farro salad, with veggies, and lemon and chive vinaigrette was also a favorite at the table. Four scallops seared perfectly for a tasty and satisfying, yet light, option.

We had to try dessert right? The meyer lemon ice cream with toasted angel food was out of this world, perfectly tart. The chocolate pudding tart was also amazing, served warm with pumpkin ice cream a dash of salt and caramel. A perfect ending to a perfect brunch. Our tab with coffee, entree, and dessert (including tip) came to about $40/person. A must try for brunch and I can't wait to sample their dinner (and their great outdoor dining space in spring/summer!)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Among a list of recommended restaurants provided by a meeting my husband and I were attending, I chose Talula's Garden (beautiful outside garden for warmer nights than this) for its reputed fresh ingredients. We each chose only a main course, as we'd had a sizeable meal for lunch. Each was as advertised: fresh ingredients, well-cooked. Mine, which was described as a kind of brisket, was different from my expectations, including some brisket (pot roast by my definition), and some other meats. Quite good.

There were only a few desserts offered, leaning to the sorbet/ice cream variety, which didn't tempt us on that cold evening.

The service was pleasant, and informal.

My only negative was the wine. For $16 for a glass, the pinot noir was poor. I've had a lot better at $10 max.

We'd come again, but actually, we'll probably experiment with other places on our next semi-annual visit.