“one of the best meals ive ever had”
Review of Talula's Garden

Talula's Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 4,629 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
Reviewed September 19, 2011

went to talulas garden two weeks ago one of the best meals ive ever had me and my girlfriend loved every minute of it, lovely quirky restaurant with great attentive staff every course was food that tasted and looked so good not one fault to report if your in the area definately treat yourself here

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Wonderful food lovely place. A tad expensive. Don't bring kids. It is an adult place. Which is why I like it

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband I and went to Talula's Garden to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary. We couldn't have chosen a better place. Local stand out chef Aimee Oxley has teamed up with restaurant guru Stephen Starr to create an oasis of civility on Washington Square in downtown Philadelphia. We went on a lovely June Sunday evening, and were able to eat outside in the "garden", which is actually the space between two buildings that has been decorated to make you feel like you are in an enchanted garden.
The setting is lovely, and the menu is interesting and eclectic. It was really hard to decide what to have, everything sounded wonderul. And everything that we ate was wonderful. From the artisanal cheese collection to the last bit of dessert, we savored every morsel of food. I can't remember having such a perfect meal from beginning to end in a long time. Don't miss this restaurant, you will be delighted by it.

1  Thank kt1952
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Went to Talula's Garden for our anniversary. Really great experience. The food was super, the service prompt, thoughful, and friendly, and the decor charming. For tourists visiting Old City, it is worth skipping Budahkan and the other Old City "hot spots" to take a very easy walk over to Washington Square for Talula's Garden instead. Get the Rare cheese plate -- out of this world. And the cookie sampler dessert plate (I forget the real name) is a great way to share with someone if you want sometihing sweet but are full from your meal, wihch you will be. For entrees, we loved the lamb dish and the beef dish. Next time we go, we will try the garden, which looked like a great place to eat (it was raining when went, otherwise we would have been out there). The dress is what I would call smart casual -- the servers are in jeans, but definitely nice ones with a good top and nice shoes. Diners were in the same, though some were also in work attire, as we were there on a weeknight.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My friends and I visited Talula's Garden during their opening week. On entering the restaurant I was struck by the light and airy decor. Beautiful candlelight and light wood tones added to the ambience. Our waiter was very cordial and very knowledgable. The food itself was delicious. Each dish was very fresh and unique. My only complaint about the experience were the portions. We started with a cheese tray that ran around $16. We were shocked to see just how little $16 buys you in cheese :-) It was barely enough for one person let alone three. That was really my only complaint and I would definitely return to eat at Talula's again.