“Great Hideaway in University District Philadelphia” 4 of 5 bubbles

Baby Blues BBQ
Ranked #237 of 4,318 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are in walking distance to 30th St Station. We are 1/2 a block away from the "EL", so you can travel to all Philly sports stadiums within minutes.
Description: As featured on the food network's "Diners, Drive ins, and Dives" and The Travel Channel's "Ribs Paradise", we serve our own hybrid style of BBQ. Our influences include Carolina style pulled pork, Memphis-Style ribs, Creole seafood and Texas Style beef brisket. We also serve over 20 different soul-food side dishes both traditional and not. We offer full service catering as well as takeout & delivery. Look out for our Baby Blues BBQ food truck in the summer of 2015!
New York City, New York
“Great Hideaway in University District Philadelphia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Over the recent Labor Day weekend, I was in Philadelphia for a day and no one was cooking, so I did the next best thing. Found this little hideaway and discovered some great BBQ Chicken. There brisket is also tasty but cut to thick for my liking. They've also have some great beer on tap and the owner Johnny, bartender Joe and another (sorry forget his name) all are great guys and will treat you right. It's true! Philly is the city of brotherly love. lol

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Scranton, PA, USA
“Fair at best.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

A conveniently located restaurant in the University City area, serving U of P and Drexel. Service was OK - pleasant and efficient but food overall was mediocre. Biggest criticism is that everything was overcooked. Fritters and fries were virtually burned. Will not return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Las Cruces
“Limited to four or fewer people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Excellent food. A bit cramped. They appeared to have normal tables but we
were a party of ten and got seated at a long, narrow, high table with tall,
uncomfortable stools with no back. This awkward seating arrangement made
it impossible to enjoy what would have been an above average meal.

• Visited June 2013
Folsom, Pennsylvania, United States
“fantastic ribs!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I go here at least once a month for lunch.. The memphis ribs, pulled beef, cornbread is a guilty pleasure! I'm happy they have grilled wings, being a weight watcher, I can go there and have a wonderful lunch without using all my points. Thank you for being there and having a great staff, fantastic music and very friendly owner! Love you Steve!

• Visited May 2013
nj
“GREAT BBQ IN PHILLY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Whenever I visit my daughter attending nearby Drexel University, we make it a point to visit Baby Blues BBQ. I always get the Memphis ribs which have always been very tender, well seasoned and not too greasy or fatty. The sides are pretty good, although I normally order the baked beans & corn on the cob. Unlike other restaurants, you are given a choice of BBQ sauces (all I believe are homemade) and each has a very different taste. The wait staff will recommend & explain each of the sauces based on your tastes and what you've ordered. The inside of the restaurant is a bit cramped but not claustrophobic. If it is a nice day I would suggest sitting in the small outside seating area.

• Visited October 2012