“Beautiful!!”

Ranked #3 of 151 Shopping in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Retail shopping in old fashioned elegance, Macy's towering ceilings and century-old architecture is a must-see. Concerts on the St. Louis World's Fair Pipe Organ are performed twice daily.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

After I read the reviews a decide to go on New Years Eve, My family love it, even my husband, the whole show is beautiful. It is a must see during the Holidays after that you can go to the Third floor to see the Dickens Village it is also free.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife, who grew up in Philadelphia, wanted us to see the fabulous Xmas windows at Wannamaker, now Macy's. Well, forget the windows, there were only two windows with Xmas motifs and certainly nothing to write home about. We then went inside for the light and sound show in what is certainly a very pretty central area. But the light and sound show, clearly designed for toddlers, left us cold and we departed quickly. Unless you consider a normal department store an attraction, this one does not belong in this category anymore.

1  Thank DCTravelerG
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Heard all the hype about the Christmas Light Show at Macy's. Every hour on the hour. Show lasts maybe 10 min. Glad I could say I saw it and if you're in the close area, see it, but don't make a special trip. Nothing exciting!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went a couple times. once during the day. school tours everywhere! at night it was nicer and quieter. there is a pipe organ player the first time we went but not the second. This is a real christmas light display. Julie Andrews does the narration and it kept fading at the night visit. Maybe the recording was getting tired? Well worth it and can't wait till next year. We also did the Dickins Village and enjoyed it during the night visit. too many screaming hungry school kids otherwise. at night the only problem was way too many strollers clogging up the pathway. Some of those kids didnt even need to be in strollers...at a certain point mom its time to let the kid walk!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

On the hour they have a great Music light show with Julie Andrews as the narrator. The kids sit on the carpet around the eagle and look up. I was surprisingly impressed and I have a feeling my 7 year old will always remember this. More so than independence hall down the street.