“As Good as it Gets!”

Legal Sea Foods
Ranked #105 of 4,390 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We think that before long, Philadelphians will be putting down their cheesesteaks and picking up lobster rolls. Located post security, our restaurant is the perfect place to dine or take off with take-out.
Burlington, Vermont
“As Good as it Gets!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I am a longtime fan of Legal Sea Foods, and I’ll say at the outset for those who don’t eat fish that veggie and meat offerings are also good at this restaurant. The PHL Legal Sea Foods café on the shopping mall between terminals B and C is as perfect a restaurant as you will find! Not just a lovely airport watering hole, though it is—but a professionally run and friendly establishment with the best Legal Sea Foods choices I’ve tasted.

I’m a regular at the Beacon St., Route 9, Framingham and Logan Airport branches of Legal Sea Foods in the Boston area, and each is good, but the great wait staff, perfectly prepared food, atmosphere—yes, atmosphere at an airport!—is just right at the Philadelphia airport location. I was greeted casually and politely and asked seating preference. There was even room to park my bag.

They are set up for crowds and short wait times between flights—my server checked whether I had time to linger. The menu caters to gourmet tastes, but food which can be turned out quickly—the perfect lobster roll, fantastic crab cakes with vinaigrette salad and cranberries, and of course, the famous clam chowder generously served with a side of French rolls. Seating varies between a nice bar with sports TV and great bartending, raised booths for two, tables, and counter seating to handle solo travelers watching flight times on the monitor.

I usually snap a picture of a perfect meal, but everything was done so well, that I just relaxed and let the good times roll. The restaurant has that tell-tale busy and upbeat feel to it when people are relaxed and the servers love their jobs. As I left, the host wished me a good flight with a friendly good-bye. Don’t miss this excellent stopover, but save just one place setting for me!

• Visited November 2013

Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“First Time, Not so Good. Second, Much Better”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The first time here I was disappointed in the service (Catherine H) and quality of food. Second trip was much better with service from Phillip V. Phillip seemed to really enjoy his job and the company of his clientele, making the entire experience that much better.

I will return.

• Visited November 2013
“Airport Pleasure”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Instead of getting mad about airline food to Europe, we stopped into Legal Seafood for an excellent meal before boarding our flight. Great choice!!
We love this chain and are always pleased.

Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A solid spot to kill time at PHL”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Grab a seat at the bar and order a Ginger Mac and a lobster roll while you run down the clock on the inevitable PHL delay. Quick service at the bar and chargers at every stool.

Visited November 2013
Auburn, Maine
“Unbelievable airport meal”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I only had one hour before my flight but wanted better than any fast food offering. I decided to give Legal's a try. I am very familiar with their restaurants in the Boston area and was pleased to wee them in the airport. I had the Mahi Mahi special which was grilled and maple glazed with roasted butternut squash and wilted rainbow swiss chard. The fish was perfectly cooked and the squash was small diced and melted in my mouth. I was in and out in under 25 minutes. The service was excellent as well. I wish they were in every airport I travelled through.