“Wonderful”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Quince
Description: The Farm and Fisherman is a 30-seat white tablecloth BYOB featuring regional produce, meat and fish prepared by owner and Executive Chef Joshua Lawler, a former chef de cuisine at the quintessential farm-to-table restaurant Blue Hill at Stone Barns. At The Farm and Fisherman, Chef Lawler serves what he calls "snapshots of the seasons here in the Delaware Valley," incorporating interesting and unusual ingredients produced by area farmers.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Small byob. Perfect intro to Philly for us. My arctic char was truly memorable. Ditto with house made ravioli.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We came here based on good reviews that we saw online, but we did not enjoy a single menu item that we got here - Appetizer, entree, or dessert.

1  Thank jd1572
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed an extra night in Phiadelphia just to go to this restaurant. It was worth it. As with a number or restaurants in Pennsylvainia this restaurant is BYOB and it is well worth selecting a very special wine to accompany your dinner. It is not a bad idea to check the menu before to get an idea what wine you want with dinner. I know residents of PA are well aware of this but as a fairly frequent visitor to PA over the last two years it took me awhile to adjust to the rather interesting liquor laws in Pennsylvania.

1  Thank w820
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I went there with my gf for dinner, Saturday night at 10. As the restaurant is a BYOB, we got a really good Cabernet Sauvignon and we shared a first, a second, a main course and a dessert. Their menu changes often so you could find more than what's on their webpage. We got fish for the first course, it was fresh, cooked on the grill so it had a smoky flavor, which I liked and I didn't, but everything changed when we got the second dish: rabbit. I cannot describe precisely what the dish had because I was blown away by the taste.
And the main course, the wild boar, oh my... So tender and well spiced and tasty that I literally devoured it.
The dessert was a monthly special pumpkin pie and it was really good too.
Service is very friendly and professional, so we had a fantastic dinner experience. I totally recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food, the ambiance, the service, the location, the people ... It was a perfect evening! There is not one complaint I have with this restaurant. I was worried that the menu was limited, and I would be forced to order all new food for my taste and which I would normally not order. And when each dish came out, it proved to be exceptional! I would definitely go back!