“You should go”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Quince
Description: The Farm and Fisherman is a 30-seat white tablecloth BYOB featuring regional produce, meat and fish prepared by owner and Executive Chef Joshua Lawler, a former chef de cuisine at the quintessential farm-to-table restaurant Blue Hill at Stone Barns. At The Farm and Fisherman, Chef Lawler serves what he calls "snapshots of the seasons here in the Delaware Valley," incorporating interesting and unusual ingredients produced by area farmers.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I went there with my gf for dinner, Saturday night at 10. As the restaurant is a BYOB, we got a really good Cabernet Sauvignon and we shared a first, a second, a main course and a dessert. Their menu changes often so you could find more than what's on their webpage. We got fish for the first course, it was fresh, cooked on the grill so it had a smoky flavor, which I liked and I didn't, but everything changed when we got the second dish: rabbit. I cannot describe precisely what the dish had because I was blown away by the taste.
And the main course, the wild boar, oh my... So tender and well spiced and tasty that I literally devoured it.
The dessert was a monthly special pumpkin pie and it was really good too.
Service is very friendly and professional, so we had a fantastic dinner experience. I totally recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food, the ambiance, the service, the location, the people ... It was a perfect evening! There is not one complaint I have with this restaurant. I was worried that the menu was limited, and I would be forced to order all new food for my taste and which I would normally not order. And when each dish came out, it proved to be exceptional! I would definitely go back!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Try the beet appetizer and you will want the recipe! Small, intimate restaurant with capable, personal staff. Food is outstanding and changes with what is locally available. If you are able to get the soft shell crab...you've gotten the best ever!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Small, cozy environment, NYC style dining... tables close together, attentive staff. Really good food and some unique menu choices. Three course, each carefully prepared and expertly presented. No matter what you order, you'll probably spend a little time looking at it before you dig in. Portions aren't huge but by the time dessert rolls around, you're definitely satisfied. BYO so pick up a nice bottle and enjoy a great meal.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

If you like great tasting food beautifully presented, a smaller restaurant and a laid back staff, you'll like this place.

It's fine dining but without a professional wait staff. The waitress was somewhat knowledgeable about the menu but not 100%. She took good care of our table. I enjoy this experience more than having 3 waitstaff taking care of you at some places.
This cozy place will grow on a certain cliental and hopefully will be around for a long time.