“Food food, great beer, fab location”
Review of Perch Pub - CLOSED

Perch Pub
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad
Transit: Borad Street subway, PATCO at Broad/Locust/Walnut.
Description: Perch Pub has been completely renovated into a comfortable, relaxed, unpretentious pub. The dining room and bar has one of the best dining views in the city for people watching- separate areas for a pool table and dart board. Other amenities include a juke box, HDTVs and a large drop-down projection screen in the dining room for those big games. The interior has the feel of a time-less pub; lots of rich mahogany finishes complimented by large areas of exposed brick and metal beams. Perch promises to have pub grub excellence with Chef Bill Carroll at the kitchen helm. Open at 4PM seven days a week with plans to expand our hours of operation to lunch Monday through Friday and a Saturday / Sunday brunch.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Food food, great beer, fab location”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Visited here on a Wednesday evening around 8ish it was very quiet. We were seated by a window overlooking broad street

The menu was not extensive we had there different dishes and our party was satisfied with our meals we had three mains and three cokes and a few beers for $90 which was good value. The service was good and our waiter was knowledgable about the excellent beers, the choice of beers was extensive

Dublin, Ohio
“Excellent serivce and very good food”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We needed to catch a quick dinner between shows at the Kimmel Center. Perch Pub is a block or so away and looked like an interesting place. We were promptly greeted by the manager who was outstanding. The minute you met him you could tell he loved his job and cares about the customer. He asked if we had any time constraints (must be common that people are eating between shows). We told him we did and his response was "no problem at all, I'll tell your server" and he actually did! He also stopped by to check on us during dinner. Outstanding service and so uncommon these days. Others should learn from this guy.

The food was very good and still super hot when it arrived at the table. I slipped off the diet wagon and had the bacon, cheddar burger which was very good. The four of us ate including a couple drinks all for $110 bucks in downtown Philly! Very good value.

The restaurant is actually on the second floor which allows a better view of the street. You get to the second floor via a spiral stair case which is cool (I'm sure there's an elevator as well).

PS - The court house is across the street and we saw a couple that had just gotten married having their pictures taken out front which was neat.

I'd recommend checking this place out if you find yourself in the neighborhood and are looking for a nice Pub style meal and good service.

• Visited August 2014
Virginia
“Neat setting; good food”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Up a flight of steps to a fairly energized pub and restaurant. The food is well above average. We enjoyed excellent nachos, great fish tacos and an interesting salad featuring a whole head of romaine lettuce. They have countless microbrews to choose from, too.

Visited July 2014
Calgary
“Nice place, awesome nachos”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stopped in for a bite and some drinks before a Phillies game. Tables were all reserved for dinner (not surprisingly), but we were able to grab a small "drink table" in the bar section. They have rotating taps with a good variety of beers, my wife was also happy that they had a cider on tap too.

We only had nachos, but they might be my favourite nachos I have ever had. I am usually not impressed by nachos, but these were different than the standard pub fare. They reminded me of pulled pork tacos that I might get from a good food truck or something. Highly recommend them.

• Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Tasty dinner with great service”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner which was near hotel I was staying at. The menu was varied they had a gray selection of beers especially locally made ones I had the Mahi Mahi which was moist and well prepared . My son and husband had burgers prepared their way. They were a hefty size burger with fries. The server was a college student who was pleasant and prompt. The food came out quick. Nice relaxing evening.