“Great & inexpensive Indian fast food”

Philadelphia Chutney Company
Ranked #996 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at a hotel across the street for 4 days and ate here several times! The food was delicious and service fast. There was a nice variety of samosa's and Dosa's available with a large assortment of chutney's to accompany; be sure to try several. Service fast, but atmosphere mediocre.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Service is quick. Be aware the portions are huge. Also be aware the flavor is huge. Great taste very authentic taste. Stop here and you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Bkcarico
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

good indian fast food place with absolutely huge dosas and even bigger samosa (like 4 times usual size), so sharing is compulsory - quite large choice of filling options is available. nice place for a quick bite if you want an exotic fast food meal

1  Thank Scipion-Paris
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I find this a very nice and tidy place to eat south indian cuisine in Philly. I particularly like the sambhar which was very nice.

1  Thank alkarpe
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I just got warmed at home from my lunch at PCC earlier today........... When I went inside, I noticed that everyone seated (about 10 people), had their coats on. A couple of people had on their hats and caps also. Then I became aware of the loud disco music. Ummm, a little too loud for lunch since I would not be dancing.............

I asked the counter person if the heater was broken. He pointed to the A/C / Heater and said, "No, the heat is on." (Obviously, the patrons had not gotten the message or they would have taken off their coats (and hats).

The food is delicious and there's a good variety of Indian food. I ate fairly quickly, since it was so cold inside and the music was bothersome. Good thing I was alone, I'm not sure that I could have hear anyone I was talking to at my table.

I won't be going back again in the cold weather. I'm gonna wait until the spring....maybe I'll be warmed up by then and the music will be toned down.